Copy cam moves?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nicohk92

Copy cam moves?

Post by Nicohk92 »

Here's my interrogation. I'm working on a video that's using different scenes all done in Asp and stiched together on Apple Motion. The transition for each scene is complicated as it is because of camera movement for ex. It's more or less a case by case thing.
Now I need to add foreground elements. Foliage such as leafs , vines and such coming from the sides (perhaps blurred out at parts to frame the subjects and make the visual overall more interesting at parts.

I see several ways to do that:

1: Place my rough cut on a timeline in asp, compose my folliage over it. Then export my folliage with alpha and insert it in my composition.
Con: The guide .mov will not account for camera movement so I'd have to do it manually and best judge of a natural way to move depending on the video

2: Add the follliage scene by scene in asp
Con: The scenes are pretty loaded as it is. And it won't help me that much for transitions

3: Gather every scene into once timeline and add foliage there.
I suspect my computer won't like it at all. Impossible to withstand i'm certain

4: but I'm not sure if possible. Copy camera movements from each scene and dispatch on a timeline, then set my rough cut video to immune to camera movement. The camera moves will be sync with the video since they are taken from the same scenes and the folliage will be submitted to them.

So I guess my question is, how to gather cam moves from different scenes into one?
Nicohk92

Re: Copy cam moves?

Post by Nicohk92 »

and to help reaching the objective, would consolidate my scenes help taking some load off the cpu?
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

Copying camera positions from project to projects? The only think I can think of is to write down your X, Y and Z positions from one project on a sheet of paper, and put them at specific frames you want on the time line on your other project.

I just had this other idea after I wrote this.

Maybe duplicate your your template project (the project you want to copy ur camera from), and delete your scene while keeping your camera movements, and save it as a new project.

Hope that helps.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

That's exactly what I did. Thanks
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

saw your post too late. so maybe for next time. This exports and imports camera keyframes http://www.mediafire.com/?7wtd5riblh9hjhc . Not yet tested on AS10.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Wow that would definitely have helped and surely will next time. Easy to install and use, you're the man!
allisonpaige

Post by allisonpaige »

hayasidist wrote:saw your post too late. so maybe for next time. This exports and imports camera keyframes http://www.mediafire.com/?7wtd5riblh9hjhc . Not yet tested on AS10.
hi, thank you hayasidist for sharing the link but it doesn`t work anymore. can u please updated it?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

@allisonpaige just checked it and it's ok. (you need to click on the download button at the top right of the screen - "download 9.37k" -- IMO there are too many "download" buttons on the mediafire pages that just confuse... too many times I've failed to download what I wanted by clicking the wrong one). but do let me know if you're still having problems
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

In case anybody was wondering about 10 compatibility, I just tried the CamkeysV3 i/o script in ASP 10.1 and it works fine! :)

BTW, in ASP 10, if you have a a bunch of keyframes on a camera, I imagine you can just copy and paste the keys between documents since you can have multiple documents open at once. (I haven't tried this with the camera but I know it works great with various keyframed character properties.)

In my case, the camera didn't have a single keyframe to copy, and using this script made it a lot easier transfer the camera data than writing it down and re-entering it in the other document. Also, have camera data i/o capability makes is easier to share the data, especially useful if more than one artist is working on the project.

G.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

CamKeysv3 will NOT work with the latest 10.1.1.. here is an update

http://www.mediafire.com/download/upewb ... ysV320.zip
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thank you very much for the update! :)

G.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Greenlaw wrote:In my case, the camera didn't have a single keyframe to copy, and using this script made it a lot easier transfer the camera data than writing it down and re-entering it in the other document
You can reset the camera on frame 1 channels. Then you will have the keyframes you want to copy to another document.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel