Eve of October: My biggest Fan

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

neomarz1

Eve of October: My biggest Fan

Post by neomarz1 »

Hi everyone... I just wanted to share this with you... I want to tell you about my biggest fan... His name "Bill Wheeler". We have worked together for many years. We were always close because we both served in the Gulf War. We always shared war stories, and that sort of thing. More than anything he was a great friend. I remember telling him about the Eve project when it first started, and instantly I had a fan. He was there when no one else cared to hear about the project. Everyone seemed disconnected when I would talk about the project. I guess not everyone can share your enthusiasm... But Bill always did. He told me that I would be the next George Lucas. When I first showed OVA1 he was there, and had a huge smile on his face. He told me that it was amazing, and looked forward to the next. When we worked together, Bill would always recommend me to work on his construction projects. He let the office know that he wouldn't have anyone else, but me. He always made me feel needed. About 7 months ago he had been diagnosed with cancer. He seemed fine for a few months, he got worse, then he got better. About three weeks ago we had a company BBQ, and Bill showed up. He was in horrible shape, I was the first one to go up and give him a hug. After that he brightened up. It almost seemed as though he had got better. I didn't want to leave him at the BBQ, because I could tell this wasn't good. Before I left, he told me I was his "Brother", and he cared about me very much. He asked when the next film party was going to be. I told him it was going to be real soon. He quickly responded "I hope I'm invited"... I paused for a moment... are going to be up to it? He said I'll be there.

Last Thursday I debated weather I should remind him (Since I hadn't heard from him). I managed to reach him during lunch... He did not sound good at all. He could barely speak, but asked about the showing. I told him it was on Saturday... He told me he would be there... I knew something was really wrong... Really really wrong. I told him "Don't worry about it Bro, If you don't feel up to it, just stay home... He asked me a few things, but I could't really understand him. I told him "your my brother, hang in there... we'll talk soon, K?" He said, "alright Bro." When I got off the phone, everyone asked how he was doing? Something is really wrong, he didn't sound good. Then we went back to work. He was in my thoughts most of the day.

This is hard to say, but.... I was notified that he had passed away early this morning. I have cried a lot since then... I am torn about the showing... but I know he will be there... So I have to be there... He would have been there no matter what. Anyhow, These sort of things put life in perspective. We are always like Rats in a maze, chasing after that cheese. Never taking that moment to acknowledge each other... To acknowledge those relationships. Bill acknowledged me, and hope he knew that I cared about him... I hope it showed. God bless you Brother... You'll be missed every day.
jahnocli

Re: Eve of October: My biggest Fan

Post by jahnocli »

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, sometimes your nose can be so close to the grindstone you forget to look out of the window...Good luck with your projects.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

So sorry to hear this. It is a beautiful thing when you can really connect with another human being like that whether in your everyday life or through your art. I'm sure he knew you cared.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Condolences for your loss. This is a good reminder of the power of one person, be it friend, family, or fan.
neomarz1

Post by neomarz1 »

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It means a lot. The late screening for OVA 2, wasn't the same without my friend, but things will be better, thanks
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Life is short. There are no permanent residents to the human race. Sometimes we get so busy with life we forget it has a death sentence.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
AnnieMashon

Post by AnnieMashon »

Sorry for your loss. Sadness.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Life expectancy here the United States for a man is about 77 1/2 years. How many years do you have left?
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Very sorry to hear that you lost a good friend. I do know the feeling as I've lost two in recent years. Even now, just for a split second, I think I will email Kevan some animation for him to critique then remember he's not there. Your friend knew you cared and it's good that he knew you for the years he had.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I don't know what to say except that nothing I can say will replace your friend. Our lives go on and he lives on in your memories.

Dale