Surface Pro 3 users

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: Surface Pro 3 users

Post by Greenlaw »

One of the things I don't like about having a 'traditional' laptop is the slow start up. My tm2 is a convertible tablet so it's essentially a laptop with a touch and Wacom Penabled screen. It's really not any slower to start than most fully loaded laptops, but because my iPad Retina boots up instantly, that device has become my preferred way to draw when I'm away from the desk. (As a matter of fact, many of the backgrounds for our current APS production is being drawn on the iPad using Procreate and a Wacom Intuos Creative pressure stylus.) The fast boot up time of the iPad has been critical when I'm working on a project at a diner during my lunch break since my time then is very limited.

I haven't used a Surface Pro or Wacom Companion yet but I imagined the boot up time is comparable to the iPad. Would I be correct in assuming that? If so, that would be another reason I am considering switching over to a modern Windows based tablet device from the traditional laptop. But only if it also performs as well as my tm2 has or better.

G.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
perihelion74

Post by perihelion74 »

I use the Surface Pro 2 (i5 4gb model) and Anime Studio Pro 10 works perfectly for me. I couldnt be happier. I love that device! I'm getting the Surface 3 as soon as my wallet isnt lauging at me anymore. ;)

Clip Studio EX is awesome as well on the Surface Pro 2.

/M
jwiede

Post by jwiede »

I have the same complaint as others w.r.t. SP3 & AS10(.1): The icons are tiny to the point of unusability, their hit boxes are just too dang small. With the industry moving to ever-higher-DPI/PPI display resolutions for at least five years now, there's really no excuse for lacking proper scaling features in v10 guys! Please fix ASAP!

That said, I loved both AnimeStudio & MangaStudioEX (ne ClipStudio) on my Surface Pro (1), and am enjoying them nearly as much on my Surface Pro 3, which itself is a very nice step up from my SP(1). I just really, really wish that there were a decent means of scaling up the icons, as that is right on the edge of being a showstopper bug for AnimeStudio on SP3, IMO.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Don't know if this will help as I don't have one to test on:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/ ... lay-issues