Inserting Images & Manipulate Bones

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

toshiyori

Inserting Images & Manipulate Bones

Post by toshiyori »

Having separated three parts of a coyote leg, Upper, Lower, Foot, all JEPG format. AnimeStudio Debut, File-Import-Image-Upper Leg-(transform for size & position)-Import Lower Leg & Foot (transform & size)- New Layer- Bone-name (Coyote) Drag the three into bone layer- (all three has red dots in one corner) -add bones- (added to all 3) Bone strength- (all 3 have shadows) manipulate bones- Only The Bones Move, Not The Inserts. I have had trouble with this for some time. not knowing what is wrong, HELP !!
toshiyori

Re: Inserting Images & Manipulate Bones

Post by toshiyori »

The one thing that I couldn't do was "Bond Layers", for whatever reason after applying the bones to the 3 points the tutorial called for "Bond Layers", no where on the bones panel was there "Bond Layers", any suggestions ?
Droxon

Post by Droxon »

You can have 2 options, you can bind points or you can bind a layer.

Binding a layer:
Select the layer that you want to bind, then click on the "Bind Layer tool" and then click on the bone, and that's it.

or

Binding Points:
Select the layer(where the point are), select the bone with the "bone selection tool"(B) then select the points with (G), then click on the "Bind points tool" (I) and click on bind points or (space)

note* Don't forget to put the vector layers inside the Bone Layer.

Droxon

Post by Droxon »

Just ignore my last post, i got confused... i didn't realized that you were working with images, not vectors, just watch this tutorial:

http://anime.smithmicro.com/tutorials/a ... nding.html
toshiyori

Post by toshiyori »

Thanks for the input. The tutorial was for version 9.5, I have 9 and cannot seem to get my act together. I am trying to do animation as a hobby in retirement, I don't want to spend a lot of money as would a professional so, what version of Anime would recommend for a novas wanting to do animation as a hobby ? I see where there are on line training for ~ $50.00 for two weeks is this worth it ?
Droxon

Post by Droxon »

Well it depends on the kind of training... if is just to learn how to use anime studio, it might not be worth it.

Because is not just about how to use the software, but you also need to learn how to animate, how to draw, principes of animation, design, colors, storyboard, sound, etc...

A lot of people skip this part, and that's why their animations are kind of awful.

But, if you just want to learn how to use anime studio, you don't have to pay. Just watch the smith micro tutorials, trust me, specially the webinars.

The webinars from victor paredes are just great.

http://anime.smithmicro.com/tutorials.html
toshiyori

Post by toshiyori »

Thanks for the info, FYI, I have upgraded up to Debut 10. The link for the tutorials will be of great help and I sure thank you. Wish Me luck !
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Just go through the tutorials, in the Help menu at the top of the screen, that come with the software. They will teach you all you need to know. No need to pay or search out other tutorials yet. They are fun to follow and you will learn a lot.