About what would you like a webinar?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

About what would you like a webinar?

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, I have to prepare a new webinar, but I haven't much time to think about it, so it would be great if you could help me :)
What topics would you like to be covered in a new webinar? Do you have any specific or general doubt about the software or my work?
I can't guarantee to cover all you post here, but I want, at least, to use it as a reference.

Thank you very much.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Maestral

Re: About what would you like a webinar?

Post by Maestral »

Perhaps about masking? It`s used in so many different ways and for a various aims ad goals that you could pick a few points/examples and elaborate them.

Aside of these various situations, AnimeStuido has a significant amount of options for masking and that could be a reason more to spread some more light on that feature.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I have been wanting to do a masking webinar myself. I LOVE masking.
That would be a really good one to cover. So many people have trouble with masking.

------

It may be way too much to do in only one hour, but an idea I have been thinking about would be a "start to finish" character design, and rigging. So many people ask about this and there isn't that much out there... "from sketch to rig". Maybe it could just be a head/face, or the body only.

Obviously it would have to be "streamlined". You would need to skip over things. Like for example you could rig one arm and just say "the other arm and legs are very similar so we will skip them". ;) It would be interesting to see how you approach point placement when rigging.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Maestral wrote:Perhaps about masking? It`s used in so many different ways and for a various aims ad goals that you could pick a few points/examples and elaborate them.

Aside of these various situations, AnimeStuido has a significant amount of options for masking and that could be a reason more to spread some more light on that feature.
Thank you :)
I will consider different masking cases.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

heyvern wrote:It may be way too much to do in only one hour, but an idea I have been thinking about would be a "start to finish" character design, and rigging. So many people ask about this and there isn't that much out there... "from sketch to rig". Maybe it could just be a head/face, or the body only.

Obviously it would have to be "streamlined". You would need to skip over things. Like for example you could rig one arm and just say "the other arm and legs are very similar so we will skip them". ;) It would be interesting to see how you approach point placement when rigging.
Thanks, Vern. I did a start to finish webinar about this in Spanish and it went very well. I remember I did something similar in English a couple years ago, but AS has changed a lot since then. I will think about it :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I'd like to see one on how to create effects, ie., water, smoke, fire, explosions. Something more advanced than the simple particles effects you typically see in asp work.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Cover user scripts. The ones you use, where they can be found and how to install them.

Dale
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I would be interested to see a webinar on any techniques you use in AS to get convincing character movements. For example, do you draw in guide/reference arcs on a separate layer for your arced motion and do you have any special technique to keep your volumes consistent in character animation? I suspect that creating a layer with some simple construction shapes and using point animation would be a good way to create some rough animation to use as a reference for a more detailed character on a separate layer, but I haven't tested it out. Maybe it would just add unnecessary steps?
Undiscovered

Post by Undiscovered »

Hey Victor. I am extremely excited you are doing another webinar! YAY!

I notice there are a lot of drawing and rigging tutorials out there but not to many on Animating in Anime Studio 10.

I been reading the Animators Survival Kit book for a while and I am trying to apply all the animation techniques I learn into Anime Studio.

Can you please incorporate Animating in your webinar.
Please cover simple and advanced animation.

For examples...
Walk cycles,
lipsync
anticipation,
squash/stretch,
spacing and timing,
Arcs
flexibility,
weight,
takes and accents,
Animation timing,
staggers,
wave and whip,
Animal action and walks.
Disney style animation
Warner brother style animation
Family guy style animation lol
Also....
Point animation
Bone Animation
Anime Studio different types of interpolations. (Linear, Smooth, Ease in/ out etc) Benefits for Animation.
Cycle Animation
Bone Dynamics
Benefits of Onion skins
Interval's (Animating on 1s, 2s, 3s... etc)
Holds
Frame by frame in ASP 10 and step Interpolation
Animating scripts.
Mastering MOTION GRAPH ;)
Mastering Bezier curves.
Bone movements
Freeze bones & add keyframe shortcuts
Making fast tight motion Animations.

The Animators Survival kit teaches me the old way of drawing the animation (on paper) can you please convert that to animating in Anime Studio pro 10 using all the tools we have.

At the end of the day we all want to be better animators, this Webinar would help so many improve because you are one of the best. :)

Thank you, :mrgreen:
Mike
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

I too would like to see more stuff on the complex and fascinating topic of masking.

Here are other things that I'd like to see covered in one of your webinars:

- Head transplants :) , you know, transplanting a head from one character to another (useful sometimes if you want to use pre-designed actions. For example, I create a character with AS Character designer, which includes walking + other actions and then I have another head which I've designed myself, etc.)
- Walking cycles/actions: preventing the moonwalk/skiing effect + walking from different angles (because most tutorials only cover characters walking sideways).
- Lip synch using smartbones rather than switch layers (I think Heyvern mentioned this recently in one of his posts, saying that he liked it better).

Gracias por tu formidable trabajo, amigo. ;)
Last edited by Telemacus on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
heiseman

Post by heiseman »

Character Rigging and Masking are great options.
Check out my animations:
Motionlab Animations
Motionlab on Vimeo