Anime Studio 10.1.1 Update Available!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Michi

Anime Studio 10.1.1 Update Available!

Post by Michi »

The latest update for Anime Studio 10 is now available.

Keep your copy of Anime Studio current, grab the 10.1.1 update now. Go here: http://anime.smithmicro.com/updates.html
Michi Catanese
Product Marketing Manager, Smith Micro Software
mcatanese@smithmicro.com
braj

Re: Anime Studio 10.1.1 Update Available!

Post by braj »

Can someone post the list of fixes and changes? I wont be able update until late tonight but curiosity is killing this cat.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Enhancements in Anime Studio® Pro 10.1.1 Update
➤ Added an alternate inverse kinematics solver for bones. This one is arc-based and can be enabled with the Select Bone tool.
➤ When working with bezier handles in the timeline's graph mode, it can be hard to distinguish between X, Y, and Z keyframes. They're now color-coded to match the curves.(Pro Only)
➤ The smart bone dial command now sets up its keyframes with linear interpolation.(Pro Only)
➤ Support for Poser files with Simple Bones single skin skinning method.(Pro Only)
➤ Poser interactive display in the timeline is now more responsive, switching quality levels based on polygon count and timing. (Pro Only)
➤ Added a new script in the Scripts->Draw menu to automatically generate gear shapes.(Pro Only)
➤ Scatter brush now handles animated sample objects. Point position, curvature, and line width may be animated. The animation is automatically cycled.
➤ Added visible paths for bones with animated translation (similar to layer paths).
➤ Some enhancements to the Curvature tool: There is now a field for numerical input, and negative curvature values are allowed.
➤ New shading mode for 3D-extruded vector layers. (Pro Only)
➤ Renamed Anime 10 characters (both startup files and library content) to match the user-voted character names.

Fixes in Anime Studio® Pro 10.1.1 Update
➤ Inadvertent animation of bone targets can lead to unexpected behavior.
➤ Bone dynamics in a particle system are slow and broken.
➤ Hidden point keyframes may still be active in copy/paste operations.
➤ Exporting was not including assets in the "Shared Resources" folder. This affected the separate process exporter, Batch Export, and command-line rendering.
➤ Warping problem with the thought balloon.
➤ Crash in preview animation on Windows for certain video cards.
➤ Curvature shortcut keys modify the wrong frame when sequencer is offset.
➤ When creating a smart bone dial, the min/max angles are reversed from the final bone constraints.(Pro Only)
➤ Vector layers converted to 3D could render some frames of a movie with a lower resolution mesh.(Pro Only)
➤ Cycling markers should show repeats of the indicators in the timeline.
➤ Copy/pasting doc markers on a time-offset layer results in shifting of the pasted markers.
➤ When creating smart bone dials, added an option (on by default) to create separate actions for the positive and negative rotation directions. This preserves the "neutral" position of the bone. (Pro Only)
➤ When overlapping two keyframes, the document in the canvas doesn't update right away.
➤ Stepped keyframes on a switch layer should never interpolate.
➤ When alt-right-clicking a layer in the canvas, it isn't always made visible in the Layers panel.
➤ View direction no longer resets when switching documents.
➤ Tracing image is now properly restored when switching documents.
➤ The Translate Points and Add Point tools should have an option to automatically create strokes in addition to fills.
➤ With the Freehand tool, welding curves end-to-end give you multiple overlapping strokes.
➤ Older files have unnamed bones, which leads to problems with copy/pasting animations. Solution: When opening a file, make sure unnamed bones get some kind of default name.
➤ Some library files are missing images.
➤ Character Wizard "Jump" action leaves some bones locked at the end of its animation.
➤ When editing an image in an external application it doesn't update properly in Anime Studio.
➤ When alt-right-clicking a layer in the canvas, it isn't always made visible in the Layers panel.
➤ Interval is ignored on cycle keyframe if there are no keyframes after.
➤ Save As... now starts at parent folder of current document if previously saved.
➤ Copying keyframes should not include keys for hidden bones.
➤ Dragging two keys on top of each other in the timeline can make them both disappear.
➤ When working with smart bones, keyframes fromt the smart bone action can sometimes get copied back to frame 0.(Pro Only)
➤ Fixed some numerical limits in some scripts. Also fixed some problems with the way the Credits script layed out text.(Pro Only)
➤ Addressed another issue with status bar on bottom of main window when resizing.
➤ Scaling problem when caching vector layers as images. This only happens when inside an action.
➤ Reloading scripts with no open document crashes application.
➤ Noise keyframe amplitude doesn't accept floating point values.
Last edited by dkwroot on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michi

Post by Michi »

This is the list of updates. It is also included in the Read Me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Fixes/Improvements in Anime Studio® Pro 10.1.1 Update
-----------------------------------------------------------------

-- Enhancements --
- Added an alternate inverse kinematics solver for bones. This one is arc-based and can be enabled with the Select Bone tool.
- When working with bezier handles in the timeline's graph mode, it can be hard to distinguish between X, Y, and Z keyframes. They're now color-coded to match the curves.
(Pro Only)
- The smart bone dial command now sets up its keyframes with linear interpolation.
(Pro Only)
- Support for Poser files with Simple Bones single skin skinning method.
(Pro Only)
- Poser interactive display in the timeline is now more responsive, switching quality levels based on polygon count and timing. (Pro Only)
- Added a new script in the Scripts->Draw menu to automatically generate gear shapes.
(Pro Only)
- Scatter brush now handles animated sample objects.
-- Point position, curvature, and line width may be animated.
-- The animation is automatically cycled.
- Added visible paths for bones with animated translation (similar to layer paths).
- Some enhancements to the Curvature tool: There is now a field for numerical input, and negative curvature values are allowed.
- New shading mode for 3D-extruded vector layers. (Pro Only)
- Renamed Anime 10 characters (both startup files and library content) to match the user-voted character names.

-- Key Bug Fixes --
- Inadvertent animation of bone targets can lead to unexpected behavior.
- Bone dynamics in a particle system are slow and broken.
- Hidden point keyframes may still be active in copy/paste operations.
- Exporting was not including assets in the "Shared Resources" folder. This affected the separate process exporter, Batch Export, and command-line rendering.
- Warping problem with the thought balloon.
- Crash in preview animation on Windows for certain video cards.
- Curvature shortcut keys modify the wrong frame when sequencer is offset.
- When creating a smart bone dial, the min/max angles are reversed from the final bone constraints. (Pro Only)
- Vector layers converted to 3D could render some frames of a movie with a lower resolution mesh. (Pro Only)
- Cycling markers should show repeats of the indicators in the timeline.
- Copy/pasting doc markers on a time-offset layer results in shifting of the pasted markers.
- When creating smart bone dials, added an option (on by default) to create separate actions for the positive and negative rotation directions. This preserves the "neutral" position of the bone. (Pro Only)
- When overlapping two keyframes, the document in the canvas doesn't update right away.
- Stepped keyframes on a switch layer should never interpolate.
- When alt-right-clicking a layer in the canvas, it isn't always made visible in the Layers panel.
- View direction no longer resets when switching documents.
- Tracing image is now properly restored when switching documents.
- The Translate Points and Add Point tools should have an option to automatically create strokes in addition to fills.
- With the Freehand tool, welding curves end-to-end give you multiple overlapping strokes.
- Older files have unnamed bones, which leads to problems with copy/pasting animations. Solution: When opening a file, make sure unnamed bones get some kind of default name.
- Some library files are missing images.
- Character Wizard "Jump" action leaves some bones locked at the end of its animation.
- When editing an image in an external application it doesn't update properly in Anime Studio.
- When alt-right-clicking a layer in the canvas, it isn't always made visible in the Layers panel.
- Interval is ignored on cycle keyframe if there are no keyframes after.
- Save As... now starts at parent folder of current document if previously saved.
- Copying keyframes should not include keys for hidden bones.
- Dragging two keys on top of each other in the timeline can make them both disappear.
- When working with smart bones, keyframes fromt the smart bone action can sometimes get copied back to frame 0. (Pro Only)
- Fixed some numerical limits in some scripts. Also fixed some problems with the way the Credits script layed out text. (Pro Only)
- Addressed another issue with status bar on bottom of main window when resizing.
- Scaling problem when caching vector layers as images. This only happens when inside an action.
- Reloading scripts with no open document crashes application.
- Noise keyframe amplitude doesn't accept floating point values.
Michi Catanese
mcatanese@smithmicro.com
Michi

Post by Michi »

Thanks dkwroot! You beat me to it :-)

~Michi
Michi Catanese
mcatanese@smithmicro.com
braj

Post by braj »

I'm happy, a couple things on that list (that I understand anyway) are great new additions like the smartbone dial changes, and the bugs that I've encountered, particularly the "Scaling problem when caching vector layers as images in actions" I'm so happy to see fixed. Not that new bugs aren't possible, but yipee! I'm installing now.
braj

Post by braj »

When creating smart bone dials, added an option (on by default) to create separate actions for the positive and negative rotation directions. This preserves the "neutral" position of the bone. (Pro Only)

^^ That is a huge help!
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

How about arc IK? More info please.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

KuzKuz wrote:How about arc IK? More info please.
I dont understand what is it. Other improvements are great.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

selgin wrote:
Thanks!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thank you! Downloading it now. :)

G.
braj

Post by braj »

"Can anyone else get the fa_meshinstance.lua script to work with actions now? I tried many times, I don't know what is wrong but within the action everything looks ok, but when exiting and using the dial, only the original layer points move, not the .dup layer points.""

DERP! Never mind, I was on frame zero and the script doesn't work on frame zero. Once I advanced into the timeline it was fine. Nothing to see here folks, sorry for wasting your time.
herbert123

Post by herbert123 »

I have just updated to the newest version from 9.5. Great little and big new features, however I am dismayed to see that the bugs relating to multiple screens remain unresolved in the latest version. I did report these issues a year ago!

I prefer to tear off the time line and other panels, and place those on my left screen. The center screen (I have a three screen setup) I use for the main Anime Studio Pro window.

Here are the bugs:
1) the positions of any of the windows placed on the left screen are not retained between sessions. When I restart AS those windows reposition themselves on the center screen. This is very annoying - every single time I am forced to move those windows back to the left screen.

2) any dropdown menu, tooltip, or right-mouse click menu appears on the center screen - even when I right-mouse click on the time line, the menu appears against the left side of center screen.

These two bugs make it extremely frustrating to work with, up to the point where I just reset the GUI and place everything on the center screen.

Also, sometimes I want to open AS on the left screen, while I work with another application on the center screen. Too bad, that will not work, because every single dropdown menu (even the main menu ones) are displayed on the center screen only!!!

I get a feeling the developer(s) has(ve) never tested his/her/their software with multiple screen setups. We live in 2014, bordering on 2015 - Am I expecting too much as a creative to think that issues like these are inexcusable? Most of my colleagues work on two or more screen setups. It is hardly cutting edge, you know.

AS is very, very frustrating to work with on a two or three monitor setup. A real shame, because I had hoped with v10 that these issues would have been resolved.

Please, please fix this. AS is the only app in my arsenal that seems to hate my multiple screen setup.
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

herbert123 wrote:I have just updated to the newest version from 9.5. Great little and big new features, however I am dismayed to see that the bugs relating to multiple screens remain unresolved in the latest version. I did report these issues a year ago!
Herbert123, We did do some work on making sure Anime Studio and its floating windows & menus work as they should. The bugs you are reporting will be looked into with a fine tooth comb, because I recall testing this myself and not seeing any problems on a 2 monitor system. Possibly some issue crept back in just before we GM'd 10.1.1 or maybe it is particular to your set-up.

Just to be clear.
You have 3 monitors hooked up to a windows machine ? Could you let me know what additional video card(s) you have installed
If you could post or PM me your machine specs including, OS version, Video cards and Ram we will look into this further.

Thanks & Regards,
Jason-
"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall