Options for stock objects

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nicohk92

Options for stock objects

Post by Nicohk92 »

Hello all.

I am a fervent content library user and mine fills up pretty quickly with all kinds of cool stuff. Mainly different vegetation props due to the topics I deal with also some animals and other cool items I spent time working on.

When I need a particular thing, i always try first looking around for already made material. Yet most of the time, it proves much quicker to just dive in and draw the vector from scratch over an imported jpeg.

I would like your opinion on several points:

- Am I the only one to find content paradise a waste of time? I can't figure out why there isn't more and better quality content for asp available. This makes me think that there might be some money in there for someone smart enough to submit coherent sets of elements general enough to be customized and complete enough to match the buyer's needs without too hassle. Can anyone sign up has a content dealer on content paradise? How can I register as one?

- My first reflex when looking for stock vector is of course to try a site like openclipart in hope to find a good svg model that will import correctly into asp without too much process or point deletion. Still this may sometime take longer than just drawing from scratch. Is there any platform or system in existence to actually share and trade true.anme files between users?

- Using the "trace image" function cannot do miracles and is still a hit or miss thing. Does anyone know a good way to prep up an image beforehand (in photoshop for example) so that the "trace image" makes less of a mess?
neeters_guy

Re: Options for stock objects

Post by neeters_guy »

Nicohk92 wrote:
- Am I the only one to find content paradise a waste of time? I can't figure out why there isn't more and better quality content for asp available. This makes me think that there might be some money in there for someone smart enough to submit coherent sets of elements general enough to be customized and complete enough to match the buyer's needs without too hassle. Can anyone sign up has a content dealer on content paradise? How can I register as one?
I agree the selection could be larger and more varied. I imagine there lots of artists out there who can create content for AS, but for some reason Content Paradise isn't accepting new sellers at this time (at least that's what I get when I try to submit a seller's application). It would be great if some sellers could share their experience on how to become one.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

neeters_guy wrote:for some reason Content Paradise isn't accepting new sellers at this time (at least that's what I get when I try to submit a seller's application). It would be great if some sellers could share their experience on how to become one.
This. I have seen a forum member come in here saying his application was blocked because content paradise isn't accepting new sellers, and then later I saw his characters for sale there. So it seems that they actually are accepting new sellers, but in some mysterious way. If they just want to screen sellers, I wish they would clarify how to go through the screening process.

If we really can't figure out how to get in as creators there, perhaps creators could centralize assets at a different online marketplace with search functionality. At least then buyers could search one site to find a bigger selection of assets, not to mention assets that utilize newer AS features.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

One drawback of a broader marketplace is that there would be people how don't know what AS is. They might buy .anme files thinking they are something else and end up dissatisfied.

On the other hand, people might be impressed by a character demo and become AS users...
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I contacted content paradise to ask about this and they stated that they are not accepting new sellers. Their statement to me was that any sellers who showed up after they stopped accepting new sellers were already in the onboarding process.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Well, that explains why I've seen new sellers since 2013 when I first applied. Hopefully they'll open that door again.
Thanks for following up.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

I hope so too!
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

Most of the content paradise background are photoshop layer background, and when you change angles you cant create the illusion of a 3D space with them. They are sort of too much toonish for my taste. When I look at the movie Technoise and the quality of the art, and then look inside their library, I am at a loss to find anything I could use. I think what they have is great for that style that is more like "the Simpson" or "South Park" at best.

I would like another library for the tighter more 2.5D character with effective head turns, and assets that are more in line with the movie "technoise"
https://vimeo.com/119524113

I was going to give away my scooter, but I thought about setting up a Patreon site where people could prescribe to the support and get free access to my content that I have made for my animation project. I think that could be something we all could do, and depending on style and needs, people could select whatever artist that can provide their want. So far I made a downtown area and a scooter.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

More 2.5D would be awesome!!
Patreon would be an interesting approach. I think it could appeal to an artist's fans and to those who buy assets to study the techniques used and to play with assets. If the assets were the main point of the patreon, a large catalog of assets would definitely help.

But I think there are/could be people who just want to find assets to use directly into specific projects, similar to the way people use turbosquid. I think those people would want to buy individual items from a marketplace. Etsy came to my mind as a possibility. I think it's $.20 to list each item and 3.5% transaction fee. And it looks like they provide the digital file to the customer now so you wouldn't need to manually send out links to dropboxes etc: https://www.etsy.com/help/article/3850. But marketplaces are tricky because they have pre-existing customer bases and brands. Etsy is presented as a marketplace for crafts, so that may or may not appeal to different customers.

Can anyone think of other good possibilities for marketplaces?
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Doh! Etsy only supports certain file types, not including .anme.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

I recently discovered animestudiotutor.com which has about a 150 files graciously shared by users. Not really a marketplace but nice of them.

I remember also someone opened some kind of group on deviant art tho I cannot find the link anymore.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

lwaxana wrote:

Can anyone think of other good possibilities for marketplaces?
Here are some I guess. Although it doesn't have the natural traffic of content paradise.

http://moneybies.com/make-money-by-uploading-files/
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I have a friend that does website and networking support. I'll look into it, and see if he could set up a site where people can buy asset much like content paradise. Maybe we can start our own content paradise. what I am personally looking for is the quality of background that you see on the "Archer" tv show.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Nicohk92 wrote:
lwaxana wrote: Can anyone think of other good possibilities for marketplaces?
Here are some I guess. Although it doesn't have the natural traffic of content paradise.
http://moneybies.com/make-money-by-uploading-files/
These appear to be money-for-uploading schemes rather than online marketplace portals. There's user named javamcp who used miiduu.com to sell his characters rigs: More Anime Studio Character packs available for download!
The problem here was there were only 2 rigs and they were rather basic. But this kind of online store might work, provided there's a large enough selection of quality assets.
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I really admire renderosity site setup for poser asset. They have a free section for older defunct object, and then have a webchat where you can chat with some of the sellers and even look up their screename that takes you right to their object for sale library.