Options for stock objects

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: Options for stock objects

Post by synthsin75 »

lwaxana wrote:Synth- I really like the videos. A rating system could help with filtering by highest rated. I think there are already a few free downloads on CP.
I assume you have to go through the whole registration process of becoming a seller before posting freebies. Might be a barrier to entry.
DK

Post by DK »

lwaxana.
I agree with what you are saying but at the end of the day Smith Micro is a business.

Cheers
D.K
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

I am by no means highly skilled at entrepreneurship, just a lover of creating things and a lover of Anime Studio, but I agree with lwaxana. Even if SM doesn't have resources to create loads of content and sell it, encouraging an unpolluted marketplace, specifically targeted to content created with their tools, both elements for animation and final animations themselves, has to provide dollars for them in the end. The more I see cool stuff for and by a tool, the more I want it.

I think SM can demonstrate both the top quality capability and ease of use for entry level by engagement in a well organized marketplace. Again, I'm no expert, but I don't think hiqh quality art is encouraged by blocking or hindering lesser quality attempts, but by simply recognizing the difference while at the same time encouraging engagement by the beginners. I personally think that open source software is a perfect example of that.

Anyway, those are just some of my thoughts and dreams. I'm not expecting SM to change (though if they did have a clean, highly organized market place, I'd be buying and I'd love it), but little by little I do expect we will continue to make content availability better. There are already a number of avenues, including CP, but I think we'd all like better. I do have the idea of creating my own website to help, or maybe contribute to other sites. I'll get there some day, it's just a matter of time.

... now back to my chicken animation I'm working on with the new farm puppet pack :)
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I was pleased to see that questions regarding content packs were included in the Anime Studio 2016 survey. :D
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Ok I've finally created some characters that I can make available as content packs for others. I've decided to go with sellfy.

https://sellfy.com/strider2000

because it's specifically geared toward digital downloads and it seems pretty easy.

We'll see how that does. I'm trying to put together a web page to help make it easy for people to find what they want, but I haven't done that befor so it's slow going.

My thought is to organize things the way I'd like them to be in order to buy content from others.
  • I combine a few characters and backgrounds, so people can create a complete dialogue out of the box
  • I base the characters on a specification, so that
    • they're behavior is consistent across purchased packs
    • users know what behavior they're getting
    • it's easy to share actions
    • note: I created a specification, I'm calling M1, for that. See viewtopic.php?f=9&t=28849&p=171630#p171630
  • I try to keep the price low, because I never want just one character :)
We'll see how things go. I'd love to see a nice marketplace where even hobbist animators can get great content for creating their dreams :)
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Very interesting thread