Problem with 1st Tutorial in Anime Studio Pro 10

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bry72

Problem with 1st Tutorial in Anime Studio Pro 10

Post by bry72 »

Hey Guys,

I just bought Anime Studio Pro 10 and I'm having a problem with the 1st tutorial. It is on page 6 of the Anime Studio Pro 10 Tutorial Manual pdf file.

I have gone through all the steps from pages 6 to 11 but when I click the play button my circle does not look like the final result in the tutorial does on page 12. The tutorial has a smooth circle that distorts in shape and then goes back to a smooth circle. Mine does the same motion but my circle has multiple points on it rather than being smooth. I'm guessing around 16 points total. I've tried this exercise 6 times now and I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

Can anyone help? Pretty discouraging that I can't even do the 1st tutorial correctly.
bry72

Re: Problem with 1st Tutorial in Anime Studio Pro 10

Post by bry72 »

Hey Guys,

It says to go to the "Tutorials" folder inside the Custom Content Folder to see what the project is suppose to look like. When I open tutorial 1.1 moho it shows the same problem I am having. That file also does not have a smooth circle but various points when you play the animation. It does not look like what it is suppose to look like is on page 12 of the Anime Studio Pro 10 Tutorial Manual pdf file. You can click on the neon pink circle on page 12 and it will play the animation for you. You can find this pdf file by going to Help-> Tutorial.

The same holds true for tutorial 1.2. My end results do not show a gradient and the filled circle and hollow circle are reversed. (See page 18 in the tutorial manual to see what I'm referring to). My results show a solid green color with the top circle being hollow and the bottom circle being filled. This is the exact opposite of what the tutorial shows. If you go to Help->Open Custom Content Folder->Tutorials-> 1-Basics->and click on Tutorial 1.2 moho you can see that the results are solid brown, not the gradient photo shown on page 18 in the tutorial manual.

Can someone please spend a few minutes to see if the same exact thing is happening in your Pro Version 10? It doesn't make sense that the tutorial 1.1 moho and 1.2 moho in the custom content folder of what the project is suppose to look like do NOT look like what's in the tutorial manual.

Is this a bug issue or is there some setting I need to look into? I've tried using File-> Preview to see if things look differently but they don't.
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

I'm guessing you're looking at your preview. Stop on any frame, render it out - e.g. as an .mp4 or just a single frame at any stage of the animation and see how it looks.
bry72

Post by bry72 »

Rendering worked for tutorial 1.1. However, the gradient project for tutorial 1.2 does not show up whether in preview mode or when I save the file and then open it again in Studio Pro (per the tutorial instructions). Tutorial 1.2 is not an animation, just a background scene that is saved as a .anme file.

If anyone can try tutorial 1.2 to see if it is a user error or something else that would be great. As I mentioned in the previous post, the tutorial images that are in the customer content folder that are used to check against your work do NOT look like the photo in the tutorial on page 18. The gradient does not show at all.

Lastly, when I double click on a "layer" to rename it, there is a huge pop up window. It does not have a scroll bar on the side and it is so large that it goes past the taskbar in Windows 7 and displays underneath the bar rather than over it so I cannot see the bottom portion. The last item I can see is "Layer blending mode" and a drop down box that says "Normal". I do not see a way to change the size of this pop up window to make it smaller. Is there a way to have it over lap the task bar so I can see the bottom portion of it or is "Layer blending mode" the last thing there is in that pop up box?
Rainer

Post by Rainer »

Hi Bry
Try setting your display Quality (little box on right just above timeline) to "High", should be able to preview the gradients. Layer blending mode is the last selection item, but there's boxes "OK, Apply and Cancel" after that. Try adjusting your screen resolution. I know AS might be confusing at first, but it's worth persisting. Well worth.
bry72

Post by bry72 »

Your recommendation for changing the resolution is a good one to temporarily see the full layer pop up screen. Just wish there was a way to make the Layer pop up window smaller so I don't have to change my screen resolution each time I want to change the Layer settings.

I figured out how to see the gradient. This is the part I overlooked in the tutorial: "You’ll notice a line with a filled
circle at one end, which represents the start color of the gradient (green in our example).The empty circle at the other end represents the end color of the gradient (brown in our example). You can adjust this indicator to control the
blending and direction of the gradient."

I moved the line with the filled circle on one end and the empty circle on the other end and now I can see the gradient. The one circle was at the very top of the rectangle when I created the gradient so there was no change in color.

I really appreciate you responding to my posts, Rainer. The first tutorial left out the part about having to render the project in order to see the smooth circle versus the one with points on it. Now I know that what you preview in Pro 10 is not the final product.
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Hey bry72! I know how frustrating Anime Studio can be! If you look at the bottom of this post that I am typing their is a link to my youtube channel. I am a beginner that teaches to beginners and really help them learn Anime Studio step by step. I reply as soon I can I my channel when someone leaves questions or comments. I also have tutorials on Incredible Tutorials!

Recommended to get you started. Check out my playlist of Catlady tutorials!

-McCoy
I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck