Changing Character Wizard

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

toshiyori

Changing Character Wizard

Post by toshiyori »

Anime Studio Pro 10, can the "Character Wizard" be changed ? I have worked with the character wizard as is. However, with the movement abilities of the wizard I want to change a selected character to represent a different character. Such as: a caveman, I have tried this with little success, having gone through the "Help", "Help" there is nothing suggesting this ! Any Help ?
hayasidist

Re: Changing Character Wizard

Post by hayasidist »

it's perfectly feasible.

configure (say) "spiky boy" with as close to what you want as possible, SAVE THAT as a new preset then export and then, in your target AS file, edit the clothing (you'll need to do this in all views). Note that the rig relies on the clothing being "as exported", so to change (say) t-shirt to leotard will mean you'll need to tune the rig (typically layer order, patches) too.

You can also create your own library of "secondary" body parts (see the help files for that - the section on "Creating Content for the Character Wizard") such as facial features, hands and feet (but not torso and limbs).

One thing to note: there are only 5 views: the "left" side and front/rear 3/4 views are just flipped to give the "right" full set of 8, so watch out for that if you have any asymmetry - such as hair partings; single strap leotard etc ...

Or just keep the skeleton and actions: trash the whole set of vectors and draw your own. You'll need to check bone strengths / bind layers and/or points to bones to make that work.

or (maybe quicker) build you own using the CW output as a "design guide" rather than as the finished product.
toshiyori

Post by toshiyori »

I have seen comments regarding "Character Generator", what is this ?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

toshiyori wrote:I have seen comments regarding "Character Generator", what is this ?
I believe this refers to Mike Kelley's Character Generator script at The Unofficial Forum. To be able to use many scripts there you have to be an active participant and make 50 non-trivial contributions to the forum. Seems fair enough, but it does mean you might not be able to get access to it quickly...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

there's a "No Limits Designer" here: http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animato ... IC_ID=2261 not in VIP but you will need an account there to access the "Innovations" sub-forum ... which is also where you can find out more about the script