Copy & Paste

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

toshiyori

Copy & Paste

Post by toshiyori »

When I have a character walk cycle complete at timeline 24, I want to "Copy & Paste" it at 48. Using "Transform Layer Tool", holding down the left mouse button moving down the & right on the timeline sometimes it will turn black & allow me to copy it (Command "C") then paste (command "V"). Other times, no matter how I try I cannot copy it.
I have gone into Anime Studio asking this question without results.
Any suggestions ?
3deeguy

Re: Copy & Paste

Post by 3deeguy »

Your question is unclear. Do you want to copy and paste the 'walk cycle' keys to frame 48 or do you want to copy and paste the 'Transform Layer' keys to frame 48? Are you trying to get your character to move across the screen or just repeat the walk cycle?
Cheers, Larry
toshiyori

Post by toshiyori »

You have two questions I'm not sure how to answer. 1st I only wanted to repeat the walk cycle at screen center. After your mention of walking across the screen I started thinking, this would be a good method to pace the characters walk to fit the audio.
Right now, I can't even "Copy & Paste" in any repeated method. As I mentioned earlier. sometimes it works, other times not.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

The keys you want to cycle are probably Manipulate Bones or Translate Points, not Translate Layer. If you only the 'walk-cycle' to repeat continuously you only have to right-click the last key in your cycle. If, for example, your cycle was completed on frame 24 then drag your mouse over that key, right-click it and select Cycle.
Tutorial 5.3 in the Help section explains cycling.
Cheers, Larry
toshiyori

Post by toshiyori »

Larry, I still cannot get the "Copy & Paste" to work. I read tutorial 5.3 as you suggested for this applies to "Cycle" only. My problem still is: Copy & Paste. Start at timeline 1, Manipulate Bones Tool, click and hold on timeline 1, sometimes it will darken then drag right to darken the entire active timeline, Command "C", move 1 sec on the timeline & Command "V". This has worked at times then not at all. I am totally confused.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I was actually hoping someone else would jump in because I think I'm missing something.
Let's start with something simple to see if I understand you. Clear your screen. Click File, New. Next create a circle. Go to frame 1 and select Translate Layer. Click somewhere on the screen to create a key. Click on frame 12 in the timeline. Move the circle somewhere with the Translate Layer tool. If you scrub the timeline with your mouse the circle should move.
To make the circle movement repeat at frame 24 move the timeline to frame 24. With your mouse drag over the keys you created at 1 and 12. They should turn red. On a PC click Ctrl C to copy and Ctrl V to paste. I guess on a MAC that would be Cmd C and Cmd V.
Cheers, Larry