Exporting just a character?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

humanistheart

Exporting just a character?

Post by humanistheart »

Hi all, I was wondering is there a way to export just a character from anime studio? For example if I had just an animated head like this :D is there a way to just export the animated head without any filler or background in it?

-Thanks
slowtiger

Re: Exporting just a character?

Post by slowtiger »

Just switch off visibility of the remaining layers.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
humanistheart

Post by humanistheart »

Turning off the other layers still leaves a white background, unless I misunderstood what you meant.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

humanistheart wrote:Turning off the other layers still leaves a white background, unless I misunderstood what you meant.
That background can be exported transparent if you use a codec which supports alpha. For example, Quicktime PNG Millions of Colors+
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
humanistheart

Post by humanistheart »

selgin wrote:
humanistheart wrote:Turning off the other layers still leaves a white background, unless I misunderstood what you meant.
That background can be exported transparent if you use a codec which supports alpha. For example, Quicktime PNG Millions of Colors+
Thanks so much for the reply! The png did work, however it exported the animation as a series of pictures, any way of exporting it as video?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

humanistheart wrote:Thanks so much for the reply! The png did work, however it exported the animation as a series of pictures, any way of exporting it as video?
Yes, you exported as PNG files and not as Quicktime PNG file, as I said.
In the export window you must select Quicktime Movie. Once you press ok, a new window will be opened with the specific Quicktime options. There you select PNG codec and Millions of colors +.
The exporting result will be a single .mov file, with PNG compression and transparent bakground.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
humanistheart

Post by humanistheart »

Unfortunately the version I'm using doesn't seam to have a Quicktime Movie option. Thanks for the help though.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

humanistheart wrote:Unfortunately the version I'm using doesn't seam to have a Quicktime Movie option. Thanks for the help though.
You can't export to Quicktime when running at 64bit. To solve that, simply go to File>Relaunch in 32bit mode
The software will be closed and reopened in 32 bit. In that version you can export to Quicktime.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
humanistheart

Post by humanistheart »

selgin wrote:You can't export to Quicktime when running at 64bit. To solve that, simply go to File>Relaunch in 32bit mode
The software will be closed and reopened in 32 bit. In that version you can export to Quicktime.
Oh okay, great... how do I do that?
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

With Anime Studio open go up to file and then in the drop down select relaunch in 32 bit. If for some reason that is not there its because you did not let it install while installing the program. To fix this reinstall both versions of anime studio.

Gracias por su ayuda Víctor cuando usted me ayudó!
I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

mtbuck24 wrote:With Anime Studio open go up to file and then in the drop down select relaunch in 32 bit. If for some reason that is not there its because you did not let it install while installing the program. To fix this reinstall both versions of anime studio.

Gracias por su ayuda Víctor cuando usted me ayudó!
¡De nada! :D
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
humanistheart

Post by humanistheart »

Okay, looks like I finally got it! Thanks so much to everyone that advised here :D Seriously, I would not have figured that out on my own!