HELP! Just upgraded to AS10! Having issues!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Blackhawk1

HELP! Just upgraded to AS10! Having issues!

Post by Blackhawk1 »

So, I just upgraded to ASP10 from ASP8, and I'm having some issues that I can't seem to resolve or find answers to. I'm running the 32-bit version, BTW. Here's the issues....
  • 1. I can import a Poser scene just fine and am able to animate it on the time line, and set keyframes. BUT, when I export the animation, the poser character that I just animated does NOTHING. It remains in the frame 1 position for the entire animation. What am I doing wrong?
    2. When exporting an animation, the animation in the window showing the progress of the rendering is choppy, sometimes goes black, and occasionally (especially when using a Poser character) flips upside down. However, the final rendered animation turns out just fine (except for the issue when rendering a Poser scene character). In ASP8 it moves along just fine, showing each frame in the animation as it's rendered. How do I get this to stop?
    3. If I export the animation in MP4 format, the colors are off or go darker. For example, yellow gets darker to almost orange. Is this common when exporting to MP4s? How do I avoid this happening?
ANY help anyone can provide will be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Blackhawk1

Re: HELP! Just upgraded to AS10! Having issues!

Post by Blackhawk1 »

OH! And I forgot to mention, ASP10 is pointing to Poser Pro 2014 as needed.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

3. All non-lossless codecs, like MPEG, h264, and the like, will change colours to a certain extent. What I do is to export to a lossless master, open that in my video editor, and apply some filter before exporting to a colour-changing codec to balance that change.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

2. I've never experienced the upside down thing but the rest sounds like normal behavior to me.

3. As the above post indicates, it's good practice to export an HQ file then mess around with it. (it could depend also on your player. for example quicktime player is notorious for fading colors)
Blackhawk1

Post by Blackhawk1 »

Thanks for the replies. I'll work on what was suggested.

HOWEVER, I'm still needing help with #1.... Poser scene character not moving when exporting the movie.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

Just in case, are you sure the animation is on the mainline.
Blackhawk1

Post by Blackhawk1 »

Nicohk92 wrote:Just in case, are you sure the animation is on the mainline.
Not exactly sure what you are referring to here. Please elaborate.
Nicohk92

Post by Nicohk92 »

My bad, this was an answer to a different post. Not sure how it got mixed up. I must have had two windows opened i guess. Sorry