No
36%
No, but I want to animate in a team!
43%

Total votes: 14
kaylactsm

Tips for the BEST Teamwork Ever!

Post by kaylactsm »

How many of you work in an animation team? Here is a blog by Irina Ari about teamwork in an animation studio http://blog.smithmicro.com/2015/04/01/f ... on-studio/
Greenlaw

Re: Tips for the BEST Teamwork Ever!

Post by Greenlaw »

Not sure how to vote because sometimes I work on a team and sometimes I work in isolation.

When I'm working at a studio, it's usually on a team but not always, and when I'm on one of my personal art projects, it's often alone but not always.

G.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dalv

Post by Dalv »

I animate solo mostly because as a hobbyist I can't afford a team. Some useful tips here but I do think that's the beauty of Anime Studio though is it's versatile enough for teams and individuals.
gregkhion

Post by gregkhion »

I voted for solo too cos im more comfortable being solo :D
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

IMO Teamwork is not just about sharing, it's about delegation and separation. Assuming the work *has* to be done (as distinct from "we're only doing this because it's fun") it'll most likely have objectives, deadlines and budgets; and a team of two friends has a significantly different dynamic from a team of 10 freelancers who barely know each other. It's nice to have consensus, but if that can't be reached someone has to have authority: for sure listen to opinions from (say) the concept artist on the music arrangement and vice versa, but ultimately the musical director has to have the final say on music and the artist has to have final say on their domain. And the exec has the happy, thankless task of keeping everyone sweet with each other and the project on track in respect of meeting objectives, maintaining consistency of content and running to time and budget when consensus has to give way to compromise or compulsion...

And yes, I run teams..
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I work alone. I would love to work with others but I think I scare people. I know the fastest way to get a fellow animator to stop talking to you is to say; 'Feature length.'

Dale