MOHO, the original Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Did you know what Moho was before reading this Blog Post?

Yes, I actually used Anime Studio when it was referred to as Moho
74%
Yes, I already knew that Anime Studio used to be called Moho
17%
No, but I enjoyed reading the blog!
4%
No.
4%

Total votes: 23
kaylactsm

MOHO, the original Anime Studio

Post by kaylactsm »

If you are a fan of Anime Studio you NEED to check out this Blog about Moho!!!!!!! 8)
http://blog.smithmicro.com/2015/04/30/news/moho/
Rainer

Re: MOHO, the original Anime Studio

Post by Rainer »

Was "Moho" a more appealing name from a marketing POV than AS? "Moho" may have aroused some curiosity, AS, perhaps, "I won't bother even trying this because it sounds twee and I don't do anime". I know that a lot of Moho (most?) users didn't like the name change possibly for that reason, but of course stayed with the program knowing how intuitive and powerful it was. IMO, it would have been better for MS to be renamed "Moho Draw" than for Moho to have been renamed to fit with MS. Perhaps it's not too late.
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

I like the name Anime Studio and I also use Manga Studio and love both of the programs. I 100% agree with Mike's thinking on 3D. I do use Poser some, but the ability to rapidly create content is the key factor for me. With 3D I just cannot create the content I want in any reasonable time frame, relatively speaking.

I would be willing to buy content (still the power quickly create anything I want is huge), but the content sites are not very family friendly and that affects my decisions. Poser (Smith Micro's 3D program) is not as family friendly as AS. I cannot really allow my kids to use it, because of the way it deals with content. I understand the modeling reasons for why things are that way, but it does hinder my use. Comi Po is a good example of a 3D program that I consider more family friendly (though I'd suggest some poses removed for family friendly reasons). A CompiPo variant of AS might be very appealing. Right now AS gives me astounding power without the negatives of Poser.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Now I want to know more about Mike Clifton!
Cheers, Larry
heiseman

Post by heiseman »

Yeah, still got quite a few files in the archives with the .moho file extension. Was still a very powerful tool back in those days.
Check out my animations:
Motionlab Animations
Motionlab on Vimeo