problem with filling the shape

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Amir1

problem with filling the shape

Post by Amir1 »

Hey guys.I have a problem.I create a complex shape by Add point tool (for example human) and then I want to fill the different parts of the shape.To do that I choose Paint Bucket tool and click that part that I want to fill.but when I click the outline of that part that I'm filling is duplicated and almost destroys the structure of my outline that I just created.So my question is how can I get rid of this problem?
thanks.
strider2000

Re: problem with filling the shape

Post by strider2000 »

I'm just now getting to the point where dealing with complex shapes is easier for me. I had similar problems for a while. The User's guide and tutorials provide helpful information, especially with respect to shapes that share edges. An exact answer would of course depend on the details of the shapes your working with, but a technique that I've found the most helpful is to use the create shape tool instead of paint bucket. That way you can select even points forming a segments of a line to add stroke to. It's also easy to see whether or not a fill can be formed or if you need to manipulate points in some way. Checking the lasso tool allows you to select just the points of interest.

I have a video that is really about mouth construction, so the shapes are not complex in themselves, but it does show the technique and deals with layering of shapes associated with a single set of points (the outer edge of the lips) and adding stroke to just a segment of the line. Starting around 3:30 is probably a place you might be interested in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvKRm_YvGDE

Hope that helps.
hayasidist

Re: problem with filling the shape

Post by hayasidist »

Amir1 wrote:I want to fill the different parts of the shape.To do that I choose Paint Bucket tool
simple answer: don't use paint bucket - use create shape instead

take a look at: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24684 that should explain the issues you're having with pain bucket