Smartbone dials in AS9.5 vs. AS10

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Furpuss

Smartbone dials in AS9.5 vs. AS10

Post by Furpuss »

Using AS9.5 I made some movies with head rotations using 2 bone dials, one for Y rotations and one for X rotations. It worked quite well. But for some reason, when I tried the same technique in version 10 it didn't work. The new bone functions are different.

Has anyone had the same experience and how to solve it?

Furpuss
synthsin75

Re: Smartbone dials in AS9.5 vs. AS10

Post by synthsin75 »

Maybe you have an example file you could share?
Furpuss

Post by Furpuss »

synthsin75 wrote:Maybe you have an example file you could share?
In order to achieve what I want to do it would be necessary to rotate both X & Y bones in the Action panel simultaneously. But when you double-click on one the other one rotates to the up position.

Is there a way the do 2 actions with one bone, (like B1 and B1 2) as on previous versions?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Furpuss wrote:
synthsin75 wrote:Maybe you have an example file you could share?
In order to achieve what I want to do it would be necessary to rotate both X & Y bones in the Action panel simultaneously. But when you double-click on one the other one rotates to the up position.

Is there a way the do 2 actions with one bone, (like B1 and B1 2) as on previous versions?
Any bones rotated, translated, or scaled in the smart bone action are controlled by that smart bone. Smart bones are also active when making actions, so you can see how they interact. Once done with a smart bone action, you want to make sure that only bones you want that smart bone to control are keyframed. You can still do B1 and B1 2 actions.

If this doesn't answer your question, I'll need to see an AS file with the problem to sort it out.
Furpuss

Post by Furpuss »

Thanks for the info. I'll try the B1 + B1 2 approach and see how that works out.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

You can do both directions in one action, as well. There's no way to guess at the problem you are having without looking at a file.