Zooming camera out causes blur and low quality on render?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Undiscovered

Zooming camera out causes blur and low quality on render?

Post by Undiscovered »

I am using Anime Studio pro 11
I made a music video where the camera is focused on my character and then mid way through the song the camera zooms in and out on the character to the beat of the song. (So the Camera is zooming in and out on my character and my background: Background consists of a lot of Particle effects like fireworks and flashes.)

Everything looks good in the preview window and it also looks good when I do a cmd-R on Zoom in/out individual shots.

But when I render the whole video out .. The non zoom shots look clear but the zoom out shots look extremely blurry and low quality?

I do not have depth of field enabled on my project settings.

Also btw? What is the best output to export the animation for best quality.
I am going to place the clip in iMovie afterwards to add music and then Render again to Youtube.
What are the best settings for iMovie afterwards to Youtube?

Thanks again.
Mike
Pinesal

Re: Zooming camera out causes blur and low quality on render

Post by Pinesal »

My only (and probably poor) guess is that what ever file format you are exporting to has a low mbps (mega-bits per second) and can't handle all the complicated changing pixels.

I would try a different format.
Undiscovered

Post by Undiscovered »

In Anime Studio Pro 11 I exported with the default mp4 (H.264-AAC)
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Check Depth of field in Project settings or set individual layers as Immune to depth of field.
Undiscovered

Post by Undiscovered »

Thanks all for your help.. but here are my current progress results.
I exported out of Anime Studio pro 11 using the "Quicktime PNG AAC" and I watched the video that rendered and it looks good,
then I put it in iMovie and put the music over the animation and exported in high quality and watched the render video and it looks good.
But when I upload it to youtube only the zoom out parts look blurry and low quality...
Here is the youtube video here (It is currently unlisted and I will soon delete it)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oh3bj1 ... e=youtu.be
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Yo Undescovered - I think it's a codec issue. You've got a lot of motion in this, you're gonna want to make sure you're outputting at the highest bit-rate possible.

If you've got adobe premire, I'd export your frames and drop 'em into a timeline then play with export settings for the adobe media encoder. If you upload a sample set of frames to google drive, I can help experiment with codecs if you need a hand.