Help

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Bennytoons

Help

Post by Bennytoons »

I was wondering could someone help me with something? I was wondering if I could animate my story board in anime studio if so can you tell me how please. They don't have a tutorial for this.
Johnny

Re: Help

Post by Johnny »

Hey Benny, what are you doing your storyboards in currently?
Bennytoons

Post by Bennytoons »

Right now I'm just drawing them by hand.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

A great place to start! ;)

Anime studio drawing tools have really improved over releases, if you're looking to mimic the on-paper experience you'll want to take a look at a tablet input interface.

It also has a great "3D camera" that more or less mimics a real camera movements.

Then you can move your drawings around via the layer translate tool to give them a little motion.

If you uploaded a page of boards, I could screen record a crude demo scene with ASP 11 Pro and upload the file for you to pick apart.
Bennytoons

Post by Bennytoons »

So what your saying is I should trace over my story board one by one with my wacom pen tablet? Will that work?
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Sure, that would work as well! I think with a little time, you'll even be able to get used to drawing directly into the program vs. tracing. ;)
Bennytoons

Post by Bennytoons »

Thank you very much
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

The idea of using Anime Studio for creating story boards is something I've been thinking about as well, so today, when I had an idea, I decided to give it a try with the new Frame By Frame tools.

I've posted details and a video here.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27797

As an FYI, I love Anime Studio, but I'm a hobbyist. It takes me forever to create anything that looks nice. This experiment reaffirmed to me that Anime Studio can do an amazing thing. It can move even the less skilled individuals, like me, from idea to actual creation. Awesome! I can't imagine how powerful these tools can be in the hands of you true artists!!! Go for it :) (And thanks for sharing all that you do!)