WEBINAR: An Overview of frame-by-frame animation in ASP 11

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GCharb

Re: WEBINAR: An Overview of frame-by-frame animation in ASP

Post by GCharb »

Chucky, the brushes you use in the webinar, are they available for download?

You mentioned the stick fight file, but I cant find them!
Distinct Sun

Post by Distinct Sun »

GCharb wrote:Chucky, the brushes you use in the webinar, are they available for download?

You'll be able to get them really soon. We'll post a link here... and keep an eye on our emails.
"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
Marc Chagall
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

I actually asked you this on your youtube video last night, but I'll ask it again here. So when you use masking for shading and highlights, the strokes are limited only to the fill layer itself I'm imagining, And yet when I do it, I realize that the mask comes in the form of a giant invisible square that surrounds the vector instead of the vector itself. I don't understand why that's there, but it is. And it kind of makes your approach impossible. I don't know if there's a specific option setting in preferences that can prevent this or not.

I swear, I will figure out how to use this...even if it kills me.
mattchee

Post by mattchee »

GCharb wrote:Chucky, the brushes you use in the webinar, are they available for download?

Sounded like the stick fight file was going to be available though a content purchase soon?

The styles/brushes that he used are in the template file that is available on the webinar page. (If you attended, they should have sent a link to that page afterward). Includes the shade, the high light, various pencils (including a red and blue), and also heavy and light "clean up" brushes.

The styles are great, but I found I have lots of questions about using them. For instance:

How to get those styles to use in other projects outside of the template?

When I try to change the color of, say, the shader style - it changes all the strokes I have done thus far. Even if I start on a new vector layer! How does one go about changing colors (or maybe better stated, using multiple colors) while drawing with styles?

I'm both intrigued and confused about styles!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

mattchee wrote:Sounded like the stick fight file was going to be available though a content purchase soon?

The styles/brushes that he used are in the template file that is available on the webinar page. (If you attended, they should have sent a link to that page afterward). Includes the shade, the high light, various pencils (including a red and blue), and also heavy and light "clean up" brushes.
Yes, I attended the webinar, also got the file, but only a few of the brushes he showed are on that file.

Styles are actually easy, several tutorials on these on the web.

If these files are made available as a purchase, count me in!
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Thanks for this awesome webinar, chucky.
I felt that you had lots of thoughts and ideas in your head and you were under tremendous time pressure trying explain stuff for most of the webinar, and you couldn't just fit eveything in less than 45 minutes (which is just impossible!)
However, we did get to see the great potential that Fbf has in ASP and will be looking forward to seeing some of your tutorials in the near future!

Cheers!
chucky

Post by chucky »

sargumphigaus wrote:I actually asked you this on your youtube video last night, but I'll ask it again here. So when you use masking for shading and highlights, the strokes are limited only to the fill layer itself I'm imagining, And yet when I do it, I realize that the mask comes in the form of a giant invisible square that surrounds the vector instead of the vector itself. I don't understand why that's there, but it is. And it kind of makes your approach impossible. I don't know if there's a specific option setting in preferences that can prevent this or not.

I swear, I will figure out how to use this...even if it kills me.
Hi sargumphigaus, I do want you to work it out too
the best instructions are in the watermelon tutorial.
Essentially though if you use that template it basically follows normal masking principals .
It has been arranged so that the fill layer acts as a mask to limit the visibility of the shade and highlight layers, the groups mask settings should set to hide all.
I know what the problem is, it's your graphics card/driver, I get the same thing when I load up on my old ep121 tablet pc.
It does render fine and if you go to the display settings in the bottom right corner of the display and turn OFF gpu acceleration , the masking will appear as it should. I just did that and it appears to be what you may be experiencing.
Let me know how it goes.... good luck :)
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

chucky wrote:I know what the problem is, it's your graphics card/driver, I get the same thing when I load up on my old ep121 tablet pc.
It does render fine and if you go to the display settings in the bottom right corner of the display and turn OFF gpu acceleration , the masking will appear as it should. I just did that and it appears to be what you may be experiencing.
Let me know how it goes.... good luck
woah....i think it worked. That killed the evil square of doom...never in a million years would I assume that the gpu would be the culprit. Thank you so much. This was holding me back for so long.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

this does however raise a new situation. Without GPU acceleration, the brush system is completely useless as it chokes the hell out of the software. Is GPU acceleration the only way to fix this? Are there no other workarounds?
Bossco

Post by Bossco »

Is there a hotkey to add each new frame?

It seems that it would be less cumbersome and quicker if I could just press a hotkey to add a frame.
chucky

Post by chucky »

The hotkey is f5 :D
Bossco

Post by Bossco »

chucky wrote:The hotkey is f5 :D
Thank you very much. :D
braj

Post by braj »