Does SM allow license transferals?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

biblesinger

Does SM allow license transferals?

Post by biblesinger »

I'lve searched around a good bit and can't find anywhere stating whether or not Smith Micro allows you to sell your license of Anime Studio or Poser Pro. Does anyone know off the top of their head? Much thanks..

Tim
hayasidist

Re: Does SM allow license transferals?

Post by hayasidist »

legally - the short answer is no.

more here: http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animato ... IC_ID=2743

I don't think the AS licence has had any fundamental changes since that post; and I can't imagine that the Poser licence would be significantly different -- but as you have the software (?) just take a look at the licence agreement that is in (e.g. Windows) C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 11\readme
chucky

Post by chucky »

No it's not like selling your artistic or comedic license, which is perfectly fine.
biblesinger

Post by biblesinger »

I see. What a bummer. It's sad now that i have Harmony, Zbrush and Lightwave i won't be, or ever will be, using them again (i have PP 2012 too). Heck, i'd even give them away if i could. Oh well, hey thanks guys.

Tim
braj

Post by braj »

A lot of music software allow license transfers, to the point that not doing so is a big turn off to many. I can't really see it working in SM's favor though if their competitors don't do it.