Color disappearing in 3D-extruded layers

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jezjones29

Re: Color disappearing in 3D-extruded layers

Post by jezjones29 »

When opening the file in AS11 it generated an error message: Could not open file. Error details: Bad file header: PK
Thanks for telling me. I've now updated the website. All files will now be zipped automatically on upload to stop this happening again.

You should see in the Anime Studio file that I shared, that everything was created within the program, i.e. no imported objects.

If you want to use an imported 3D object (.obj), Anime Studio can import textures. If you use a program like Blender or Daz Studio, you can 'bake' the lighting into the texture. But then it would be better to work the other way around, and export from Anime Studio into Blender.
Lúthien

Post by Lúthien »

jezjones29 wrote:You should see in the Anime Studio file that I shared, that everything was created within the program, i.e. no imported objects.
I'm afraid that I lack the Anime Studio experience to distinguish native from imported 3D objects :)
I see that the cars are indeed assembled from quite a number of 2D- end 3D layers, and that seems to work quite well. I suppose that because the larger planes are pure 2D (ie not extruded), they don't cause problems rendering.
jezjones29 wrote:If you want to use an imported 3D object (.obj), Anime Studio can import textures. If you use a program like Blender or Daz Studio, you can 'bake' the lighting into the texture. But then it would be better to work the other way around, and export from Anime Studio into Blender.
I tried doing just that, but only the 3D objects are included in the export (see my previous post).

But anyhow, I think I will follow your approach: create a few cars in that manner and use those.
reniad nu elin luin
Lúthien

Post by Lúthien »

I tried to create a car in Blender, export it as .obj and import in AS. It turns out that it works quite well, though the edges (strokes) look a bit weird. But when I deselect them it looks quite decent:

reniad nu elin luin
Lúthien

Post by Lúthien »

hi,

I didn't have much time to work on this the past two weeks but today I got around to render the scene with the cars created in Blender / imported as .obj objects:

I can still use only one thread for this scene, but that's not so bad.
reniad nu elin luin
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

Good job. You have a nice look there. Not sure on the speedometer (the speed looks constant, but the needle is moving?)