Graphic Card will help?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

pagou

Graphic Card will help?

Post by pagou »

Hi, i want to ask if by installing a Graphic Card, rendering or just working with AS, will be smoother.
Dalv

Re: Graphic Card will help?

Post by Dalv »

I wasn't sure so I searched the forum and found this topic.
hayasidist wrote:from the (ASP11) manual:

(main window display quality) (p179)
"GPU Acceleration: Check this option to enable GPU acceleration; uncheck to disable it. GPU Acceleration improves the display of image and vector layers. An OpenGL-compatible graphics card is required."

(preferences / general) (p402)
"Enable export/import hardware acceleration: (Windows Only). If a media codec (such as H.264) supports hardware acceleration you can speed up the exporting process by turning GPU acceleration on if your hardware supports it. Turn this option off if your card does not support hardware acceleration."

So it looks as though it's both display and render if you're on Windows, but display only on Macs.
joshtaylor

Post by joshtaylor »

Hey peeps! i m new here i coudn't find out any intro thread here.
joshtaylor

Post by joshtaylor »

Which type of rendering are you trying to do?
pagou

Post by pagou »

Am just play around with the demo, until to move from flash to AS. I have not any big scene to render or experience in A.S. render type.
Normally we talking about 11 min, of PNG ( created in Illustrator), but i dont care the render time (there always the night for this jobs), am worry that is might be slow while i work inside AS, in case of big scene.