Trouble Importing .psd - Anime Studio Pro 10-Windows

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jsiino2

Trouble Importing .psd - Anime Studio Pro 10-Windows

Post by jsiino2 »

Hello, my name's Joe, I'm new to this forum. I have been trying to import a photoshop file into AS all day yesterday and cannot seem to get it right. I am using Photoshop CC 2015 or 16(the latest version) and I have Anime Studio Pro 10 on a Windows 10 machine. Every time I click import "image", select the .psd file, and click import. I then end up with a Question mark on a page image in AS. The photoshop file doesn't have any effects on it and all the layers are set to 100% opacity. It is just an ugly bunny with all of it's limbs and facial parts as different layers. May someone please help me?! Thanks!
jahnocli

Re: Trouble Importing .psd - Anime Studio Pro 10-Windows

Post by jahnocli »

I'm sure people with more experience in this will come forward, but the first thing I would try is exporting a .psd file in an earlier format.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
mattchee

Post by mattchee »

It might be that your PSD isn't saved in the RGB color space. I had the same problem and it frustrated me for days until I realized my PSD was saved in CMYK and not RGB.

To resolve, at the top menu in Photoshop go to IMAGE>MODE and then select "RGB color" from the drop down. If RGB Color is already selected, then that's not what your problem is. But at least you've eliminated something.

Hopefully this helps!
jsiino2

Post by jsiino2 »

Well, I checked it. It is in RGB color. I have it in RGB 16 bit. @Jahnocli : I don't know how to save to earlier photoshop versions. When I click "Save As" I'm only prompted with one .psd option in the dropdown.
obtusity

Post by obtusity »

Try under Edit > Preferences > File Handling (Windows) or Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling (Mac OS).
Look for Maximise PSD File Compatibility.

Or is there a compatibility option offered when you save to PSD?
ovigano

Post by ovigano »

The file must be RGB and 8 bit otherwise AS won't recognize it.
jsiino2

Post by jsiino2 »

Okay, so the bitrate must be what's messing it up. I'll try to convert an image to test it. I just got frustrated and drew it in AS haha!