Surface Pro 4 and ASPro 11.2 and Manga

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Pesto

Surface Pro 4 and ASPro 11.2 and Manga

Post by Pesto »

Hi all,
I'm considering getting a SP 4 (256gb, 8gb ram, i5 processor) to use with ASPro 11.2 and Manga Studio. Any one have the SP4 and can share experiences, and what do you think of the specs I'm thinking of getting?.

Thanks
Chris
chucky

Re: Surface Pro 4 and ASPro 11.2 and Manga

Post by chucky »

ALways go as high as you can.
If the surface book wasn't 4000 bux in Australia I would be for one of those. For the GPU and extra screen size.
Oh a if you get a surface 4 , please share your experiences here I would love to see how well it works in both programs.
nina_paley

Post by nina_paley »

I got a Surface Pro 4 just to explore ASP 11. I like it a lot!

Now I'm in the market for a desktop PC so I can use ASP 11 with my desktop Cintiq too. My current desktop is an old Mac running OS 10.6 (I can't upgrade the OS because I need to run old Macromedia Flash 8 ). I will keep it and use a separate PC for Windoze 10.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

I had an SP3Pro, and was hoping to use ASP on it, as a tablet. Was hoping to use the pen/stylus for drawing. However, the buttons were just way too small, and it was a PITA to use as a tablet. I gave it up, and went back to a regular laptop, albeit a super large ASUS gaming laptop...
Pesto

Post by Pesto »

I got the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil in the hopes of using it with Clip Paint/Manga and ASPro 11.2 by using the Astropad app. Well after a few weeks, I am sending it back and I just got the Surface Pro 4 (i5, 256Gb 8gbRAM). So far I am really liking it (and I've been an Apple guy forever). There was always a little bit of pixelation/lag with the Astropad app and it just ruined the experience for me. I really like drawing in CP/Manga and then animating in ASPro on the Surface Pro 4. I like the SP pen better because it has the "rubbery" tip and therefore it has more friction on the screen than the Apple Pencil did.
My ideal device would have been the iPad Pro running OS X natively with a stylus. Maybe one day.....until then, it looks like I'm going with the SPro 4 and really enjoying it.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Pesto wrote:I got the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil in the hopes of using it with Clip Paint/Manga and ASPro 11.2 by using the Astropad app. Well after a few weeks, I am sending it back and I just got the Surface Pro 4 (i5, 256Gb 8gbRAM). So far I am really liking it (and I've been an Apple guy forever). There was always a little bit of pixelation/lag with the Astropad app and it just ruined the experience for me. I really like drawing in CP/Manga and then animating in ASPro on the Surface Pro 4. I like the SP pen better because it has the "rubbery" tip and therefore it has more friction on the screen than the Apple Pencil did.
My ideal device would have been the iPad Pro running OS X natively with a stylus. Maybe one day.....until then, it looks like I'm going with the SPro 4 and really enjoying it.
Hey thanks for that pesto, I was wondering how the ipadpro and the astropad worked. I thought it sounded like a great idea , wondered bout the lag. I imagine being able to link to surface pro together for double screen size, I hope MS works that out.... that would be really great.
Pesto

Post by Pesto »

The iPad Pro does have a really nice screen and it is larger for sure but when ever you moved/repositioned the canvas in any app, it got pixelated until you stopped moving. With animation playback it was really bad. It's probably more of a function of the Astropad app not the iPad Pro. Funny thing is on my old iPad 3, it was the same issue so that's why I returned there iPad Pro. Hopefully the upcoming iPad Air 3 will support the pencil and the Astropad app will be able to really mirror the mac to the iPad without the lag.
Or maybe Apple will wakeup and put their OS on the iPad Pro!!