Have you ever noticed...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wizaerd

Have you ever noticed...

Post by wizaerd »

Have you ever noticed that many people who make walk cycle tutorials rarely, if ever, make it a re-usable cycle, saved as an Action? They do the cycle on the main timeline, then end the tutorial. They don't show you how to re-use that cycle, they don't show you how to transition from standing still into said cycle, then stop mid-walk to a standing position. If I could have my perfect tutorial made by request, this would be it. Smart bones, character design, regular key frame animations are all simple in the grand scheme of things. Even the 12 principles of animation are fairly easy. But re-usable walk cycles, with transitions? That's something that is practical, with many applications. That's the tutorial I'd like to see... :shock:
slowtiger

Re: Have you ever noticed...

Post by slowtiger »

C'mon, that's the Trade Secrets we Professionals have to keep for us!

No, you're absolutely right.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
ColonelPhil

Post by ColonelPhil »

Well...at this point (still new to most of this)...I watched the additive cycle tutorial that SM Recently put out with 11.2 (It can be done without the additive if that isn't had by earlier versions...there are also scripts out there..) but I would save a copy of the character before I start un-cycled as well as one after you apply the walk, that way you have a rigged and ready character as well as a walk cycle of that character and can animate the copied walk cycle....(still not familiar with references yet...will get there. ) .....I Make and save a copy of each different walk cycle to add animation to later...Once I load the walk cycle into a new project I break the cycle and begin creating my animation within the existing -now un-cycled walk... The vid shows how to move the character instead of the layer to prevent sliding...and also how to stop the character and add animation into the cycle ...Then When What You want is done.... You could cycle the whole animation if you like...Though I Don't know why you would want to if your scene is completed....Like I said...still new to it all...and haven't dipped too far into references yet....and I do it without actions....Oh. . . and I also use old cartoon clips that I shorten with vid software....save as a sequence of PNG's ....load them into photo shop...pick out the necessary walk poses ...load those chosen PNG's into AS and build my walk cycle from there ...though not always a cartoon...there are live reference videos on You Tube and elsewhere that I download and chop up the same way.... and I hope this was of some help to you...It's just how I do it...for now ...still learning ...but..so far so good...

Colonel Out. :arrow:
animaa

Post by animaa »

wizaerd, you are absolutely right. Telling the truth, man.
DJI Mavic Pro is the best drone. But what about DJI Mavic Pro Platinum model? Check this Mavic Pro vs Pro Platinum comparison to find out for yourself.