Masking not working!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slice11217

Masking not working!

Post by slice11217 »

Hey everyone,

Working on a project and I updated my Anime Studio Pro to version 11.2 and I'm using OSX El Capitan. One thing that I've noticed over the last two days: masking isn't working. I had updated the software a week or two ago, and masking has worked since then, but for some mysterious reason, it stopped.

Anyone have any solutions or suggestions?

Thanks,

S
Greenlaw

Re: Masking not working!

Post by Greenlaw »

Try disabling GPU acceleration. On my computer at work, I need to turn it off to see the effect of masking correctly.

In general, if something looks wrong in the display, I suspect GPU acceleration.

BTW, this only affects how masking looks in the workspace. On or off, the masking effect should still render correctly.
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

Thanks, Greenlaw. I'll give that a shot when I return to the office Monday. Took a little bit to find that though -for those that are having this problem also, it's under the 'display quality' pop-up menu at the bottom right of your stage screen. It's kinda hiding in plain sight.

S
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sorry, I should have mentioned it. This option is meant to improve the screen appearance if you have the required display card but in some cases it can make things worse, so you may find yourself toggling it on and off depending on what you need to see. I usually have this option disabled on my work computer because of how it can interfere with masking.

There is a related option in the Preferences called Enable GPU. I believe this is a global switch which disables it completely for all scenes. I think this option meant for disabling it on systems where your graphics card is clearly incompatible and you want it off all the time. I typically leave this option enabled and just toggle the display option as necessary since GPU acceleration can be useful at times.