Moho 12

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Diana Kennedy

Re: Moho 12

Post by Diana Kennedy »

A question: Does MOHO 12 finally have that "when you miss a point and hit the line of a shape, the whole shape is selected"- thing fixed? Or di I still need a script in order to be able to work in a decent way? If its not fixed, then I don't bother to upgrade my AS11 with the extra script actually works fine.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Uhm, that's standard behaviour in all vector based programs I ever used.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

It may be standard, still, its annoying. And useless. There should at least be a choice, some checkbox.
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

Diana Kennedy wrote:A question: Does MOHO 12 finally have that "when you miss a point and hit the line of a shape, the whole shape is selected"- thing fixed? Or di I still need a script in order to be able to work in a decent way? If its not fixed, then I don't bother to upgrade my AS11 with the extra script actually works fine.
Moho will grab the closest point to where you click. It doesn't select the curve.

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's the reason you would pass up on 12? (Just kidding.) :)

Anyway, it hasn't changed but I think line clicking to select all points is a feature and not a bug. I use line clicking all the time when setting up Smart Bone Actions or animating shapes. When you need to select all points, this is much easier than using the selection tool, especially where there are many overlapping shapes in the layer.

That said, I do think there needs to be a way to make points bigger and more visibly selectable when needed. On some systems and scenes I work on, the points can look so tiny they're nearly invisible, making them too difficult to select. It's one of the reasons I've had to lower the screen resolution on these systems.

Until then, I tend to rely more on the lasso or marquee mode for point selection rather than clicking directly on points. When the points are hard to see, this is easier than direct clicking and it avoids selecting paths/shapes by mistake.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

dkwroot wrote:Moho will grab the closest point to where you click. It doesn't select the curve.
Oh! I never noticed that you only need to click and drag near the point, not on it. It behaves kinda like the Magnet tool but it affects only 1 point at a time. It works in ASP 11 too. Neat!

Thanks for the tip. :)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hello everyone,
For last minute changes that sadly go beyond our control, we were unable to offer early adopter pricing. As compensation, we are creating a bundle you will receive for purchasing or upgrading to Moho Pro 12. It includes 100+ video tutorials and Charles Kenway Retro Space Content pack (which an awesome pack, with characters, brushes, particles and more).
As PM, I apologize for any inconvenience. We put a lot of work and love on this new version and put a lot of attention in every the feedback and requests you have posted in the forum. Every version 12 feature was implemented with animators in mind and we really want you enjoy Moho 12.
If you have any question, please contact me or tech support.
Thank you very much.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
-RR-

Post by -RR- »

And I just bought ASP 11.2 two weeks ago.... :roll:
Tidou

Post by Tidou »

-RR- wrote:And I just bought ASP 11.2 two weeks ago.... :roll:
And I bought AS 10 Debut ... and unable to update any Moho version.
preecher

Post by preecher »

that's really bad that you come on here and tell us that your not doing an early adopter sale when your site plainly stated you where going to and it specifically said it would be for this product....GREED...it was a lie...
the price is ridiculous especially when people are stating that changes aren't that significant...new user interface...wasn't it customizable anyway...most programs are???

for you disgruntled Lightwave is still only 200 more than this and it is so much more than this...this is tedious point pushing ...talk about slow....i watched a anime conference over in japan and they use lightwave to do their best anime...i understand that the people who have no problem with the price....it's great software...your obviously making money off it some like i see stated they are just hobbyist and been using it for years are disappointed and it's now out of range....and after looking very closely it sounds as if not really that much different from 11...except the illustrator thing that they added...typical....

i highly recommend lightwave3d. i've been using it almost as long as i've used poser... poser also will produce anime...i watched a movie last nite of anime done in poser 7...not even pro and it looked better than anything i've seen made with this program...

smithmicro...customers don't like being lied to and scammed.....
mattchee

Post by mattchee »

synthsin75 wrote:
tut wrote:I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess you've never been wrong about anything? Please go back and check the release dates for 10 and 11 and compare them to my receipt dates. Yes, amazingly, they were purchased brand spanking new. I did not wait for a special, I purchased them as soon as they were available to be purchased. Sometimes an apple is truly just an apple. If I didn't love this program I wouldn't have spent the hundreds and hundreds of dollars I have on it. My point is this price jump has priced me out, and that is disheartening. Enjoy your update, and be thankful you can afford it.
http://www.animestudiotutor.com/files/a ... 151029.pdf
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27555
AS 11 release - June 3, 2015
Your purchase date - May 27, 2015
Memorial Day - May 25, 2015

Maybe there were pre-orders during the sale? Benefit of the doubt.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25597
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25781
AS 10 release - Mar 05, 2014
Your purchase date - March 6, 2014
March Madness sale ended - Mar 30, 2014

Don't know offhand if the March Madness sale was a month long, but it would stand to reason.

The point is that, even if these did happen to correspond to typical SM-wide sales, these prices are not typical launch prices. But I assume you won't be convinced anyway. Upgrade or don't. It doesn't effect me. If you don't use it enough to justify the price, you probably don't need to upgrade anyway.
Just as a extra voice on this, I did an upgrade from from 9.5 to 11 the first day that it was available to me. I clearly remember getting and early adopter price, not a sale. My receipt is on 5/26/15. It shows the normal upgrade price for 7-9.5 to 11 being $199.99 and my early adopter price was $133.99 (So I would assume those upgrading from 10 probably were able to get in for about $99). I had my software installed that same day.

I'm not sure if they made the software available for upgrades before the full drop, or what, but everything I just said was true.

In any case, does anyone know if, when they do sales, that upgrades are included in that? I was really looking forward to this upgrade, and like to have the latest version, but $200 is steep for the features being added, and how much actually get to animate. I already pay for Creative Cloud (I do more design work than anything else), so there's nothing holding me back from using the Adobe option (other than that I really really REALLY love Moho).

Sigh.
trygve

Post by trygve »

Thank you for your great work! This is really becomming a magical piece of software, so much fun.
Last edited by trygve on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

preecher wrote:that's really bad that you come on here and tell us that your not doing an early adopter sale when your site plainly stated you where going to and it specifically said it would be for this product....GREED...it was a lie...
While it is disappointing that there is no early adopter sale as advertised, I would give the actual developer team (and friends) a break. Just like the After Effects team has been pushed by Adobe to make decisions that infuriate the passionate user base, so I'm sure the higher-ups at Smith Micro force their subsidiaries to make the same such decisions. I'm not saying don't complain, but maybe don't kill the messenger (Victor, in this case). I'm sure the dev team is super passionate about what they do, and I'm sure they really do care about how they treat their clients. But for Smith Micro, unfortunately, it's nothing personal. It's just business. Lord Business.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

preecher wrote:that's really bad that you come on here and tell us that your not doing an early adopter sale when your site plainly stated you where going to and it specifically said it would be for this product....GREED...it was a lie...
the price is ridiculous especially when people are stating that changes aren't that significant...new user interface...wasn't it customizable anyway...most programs are???

for you disgruntled Lightwave is still only 200 more than this and it is so much more than this...this is tedious point pushing ...talk about slow....i watched a anime conference over in japan and they use lightwave to do their best anime...i understand that the people who have no problem with the price....it's great software...your obviously making money off it some like i see stated they are just hobbyist and been using it for years are disappointed and it's now out of range....and after looking very closely it sounds as if not really that much different from 11...except the illustrator thing that they added...typical....

i highly recommend lightwave3d. i've been using it almost as long as i've used poser... poser also will produce anime...i watched a movie last nite of anime done in poser 7...not even pro and it looked better than anything i've seen made with this program...

smithmicro...customers don't like being lied to and scammed.....
Wow. 3 days after registering on the forum and you're ranting about the injustice of it all! If Lightwave 3D floats your boat, what are you doing here?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

He's just trolling (or a shill). Since he says Moho is all about point pushing and not much different than v11, it's painfully obvious he has no clue. Anyone who has seen some of Funksmaname's great demo videos knows this.