Moho 12

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: Moho 12

Post by synthsin75 »

I agree 100%, Greg.

If you don't make a shape for the vectors you want to triangulate (or no stroke), it won't have the thick outline. The warp mesh needs the multi-colored shapes, because these can be depth sorted to effect which part of the art overlaps and define holes in the mesh. But if they really bother you, you can shift-select all the shapes (hold and drag over all shapes) and reduce their opacity. If you enable paths for the warp mesh, you'll still be able to see the vectors from other layers, if you want.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I can understand all changes but why zoom in with mouse wheel changed to zoom out?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

onurdemirsoy wrote:I can understand all changes but why zoom in with mouse wheel changed to zoom out?
I fought hard to keep that optional. I think I may be getting use to it, but if it really continues to bother you, let SM support know about it. If enough people don't like it, they might add the option back in.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

synthsin75 wrote:
onurdemirsoy wrote:I can understand all changes but why zoom in with mouse wheel changed to zoom out?
I fought hard to keep that optional. I think I may be getting use to it, but if it really continues to bother you, let SM support know about it. If enough people don't like it, they might add the option back in.
Ok thank you.
Larzor

Post by Larzor »

funksmaname wrote:
Layers are flattened on import, so you have to separate them manually (or export each layer separately from illustrator, probably not a big job with canvases).

The way the line works hasn't changed, though I don't mind it personally - the fact you can pull multiple lines from a single point is unique and amazing.

No default weight option as far as I know, but really, that's not a huge deal (especially as you can hold down the key to temporarily use the tool then let go to get back to bone tool)
Thanks for the response!
That's too bad. I'll have to experiment with the best way of dealing with layers once I get my hands on it. As long as everything stays in the same place and looks the same I think I'll be ok :)
I was struggling to think of a reason for the add point tool to work the way it does and I guess that would be one reason, but it could do both. They'd just need to change what happens when you just click without dragging.
Sadly it really slows down my process, as I make hundreds of points in a drawing. A tiny bit of more work on each point adds up to a lot of time and effort, so I'll just stick with Illustrator for the art for now.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

if you create a longer line, start to finish, with a drag - then just click and move a point along that line, you can very quickly and easily put the points where you want them. I sort of do this in my video 'Adventures in Smart Warp' when correcting the lines on the teeth; i.e., drag from left corner of mouth to the right, then just click drag points along that line until you have the shape you wanted...
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I really like the new UI except one thing. I never like this eyes icon.

Would'nt it be better to use this type of cartoony eyes for this icon?

or this?

Guys you can use these icons freely if you want. I just drew it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tt15bpv7h3pa2lg/Eyes.rar?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/31nxk2dwnixz4 ... 2.rar?dl=0
obtusity

Post by obtusity »

preecher wrote:does anyone do their artwork in clip paint studio ex and import it into moho...i thought they where companion programs and i just see people talking about AI...which i don't have...
Hi preecher! Moho is produced in-house by Smith Micro, while Clip Studio Paint is produced by Celsys and distributed/resold by Smith Micro (along with lots of excellent support) so they are not quite as closely aligned as you might first think.

I don't have Clip Studio Paint on this computer, but layered PSDs should be fine (I think they need to be RGB rather than CMYK).
Not sure if CSP exports SVG for vector transfer?
preecher

Post by preecher »

obtusity wrote:
preecher wrote:does anyone do their artwork in clip paint studio ex and import it into moho...i thought they where companion programs and i just see people talking about AI...which i don't have...
Hi preecher! Moho is produced in-house by Smith Micro, while Clip Studio Paint is produced by Celsys and distributed/resold by Smith Micro (along with lots of excellent support) so they are not quite as closely aligned as you might first think.

I don't have Clip Studio Paint on this computer, but layered PSDs should be fine (I think they need to be RGB rather than CMYK).
Not sure if CSP exports SVG for vector transfer?
yes it supports svg...users are stating it's better than AI...anyway they had a special great price for it and i got it...you can do drawn onion skin animation within it...but that is really tedious....i guess i will maybe upgrade the debut since i got it free. i've read it's does pratically everything that pro does except for the rendering limitation of 3000 frames is it....anyway someone said there's a work around for that...just chop your animation up into what debut can do and then composite it...what's your thoughts...thanks for the response...or should i just stick with debut 10 and save my money...i see that when they do put it on sale the full version is usually around 99...which i would pay...should i just wait and mess with debut 10. i just don't see that much new features for the debut edition...your advice would be appreciated...i just found something that looks really good called muvizu...
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

Limitation that Clip Studio ex has for Frame by Frame is the cumbersome way of copying the frame before to the next frame. It's not that friendly to do it inside the FBF group.

The question I have about the new version capability of turning a Jpeg line art to vector. Before it was sort of heavyhanded on the points that it became useless.
obtusity

Post by obtusity »

preecher wrote: yes it supports svg [...] i guess i will maybe upgrade the debut since i got it free. i've read it's does pratically everything that pro does except for the rendering limitation of 3000 frames is it.
There are many other differences between Pro and Debut versions of Moho and, unfortunately for your case, one of them is accurate SVG vector import. See the second table down (sixth row in the table) on this page: http://my.smithmicro.com/anime-studio-p ... sions.html
chucky

Post by chucky »

It's great to see everyone loving the vector improvements.
I personally have found that the freehand is now so good that I used it almost exclusively ( apart from a few tweaks) in the Retro Space pack.
The freehand uses so few points that is works much like how you would normally use the point by point method, but it has the advantage of the expression and speed of freehand.
It really is a revolution, IMHO. Bravo Moho!
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

IMoHO bravoho moho!
ThatsNotAllFolks

Post by ThatsNotAllFolks »

I've alway thought that the drawing/creating tools were excellent.....but now....EVEN BETTER!!! Nice Work Moho!!!
Manu

Post by Manu »

funksmaname wrote: Layers are flattened on import, so you have to separate them manually (or export each layer separately from illustrator, probably not a big job with canvases).
Oh no, that's not good. Why not finish the job you started? If you implement SVG import, do it properly. To read layers in as layers is such a no-brainer.