Moho 12 Bugs

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: Moho 12 Bugs

Post by synthsin75 »

onurdemirsoy wrote:This just happened when I duplicated the bone layer. (The left one is the main bone layer and the right one is the duplicated bone layer.)

You can view the file from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwbu6l ... sp=sharing
jezjones29 wrote:Thanks for that. I can open and use that, but if I use the Alt option to bend the mesh to the path, and then animate that, then Moho crashes.
Can you please test this: http://www.filedropper.com/followmesh_1
I've turned off the star layer to start with to show that it bends fine.
I've reported both these issues.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

synthsin75 wrote:
onurdemirsoy wrote:This just happened when I duplicated the bone layer. (The left one is the main bone layer and the right one is the duplicated bone layer.)

You can view the file from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwbu6l ... sp=sharing
jezjones29 wrote:Thanks for that. I can open and use that, but if I use the Alt option to bend the mesh to the path, and then animate that, then Moho crashes.
Can you please test this: http://www.filedropper.com/followmesh_1
I've turned off the star layer to start with to show that it bends fine.
I've reported both these issues.
Thank you. As I said before update not working and gives error to me and bezier handles disappears sometimes. Also these are some issues I find.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

onurdemirsoy wrote:Thank you. As I said before update not working and gives error to me and bezier handles disappears sometimes. Also these are some issues I find.
I'm not able to replicate those. Update works fine here and I've not seen any bezier handle issues. If you come up with repeatable steps, let me know.

Does update work if you disable any anti-virus/firewall programs you're running?
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

synthsin75 wrote:
onurdemirsoy wrote:Thank you. As I said before update not working and gives error to me and bezier handles disappears sometimes. Also these are some issues I find.
I'm not able to replicate those. Update works fine here and I've not seen any bezier handle issues. If you come up with repeatable steps, let me know.

Does update work if you disable any anti-virus/firewall programs you're running?
Yer. I turned off anti virus software. Added Moho to trusted softwared list and also firewall whitelist. (Both in Windows and Eset Smart Security) But nothing changed. Anime Studio 11 let me check updates but Moho doesnt. I want to ask you a question. Is it enough to add Moho x64.exe to whitelist? Or other files are used for an update process.

About disappering bezier handles, it happens after working a few hours on a file. Re opening the file solves this issue. Not a big problem for me but just wanted to let you know.
Pesto

Post by Pesto »

I think there is a "masking" bug. I create a simple eye shape, put a pupil in the center, put both shapes in a group, selected the appropriate masking options and when I move the pupil outside the eye shape it does not mask. I recreated in ASPro 11.2 and it works fine.

Anybody else experience this?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Does it render properly? If so, check your Workspace Display Quality settings and make sure Masking is enabled. I think it's off by default. (That tripped me up a few weeks ago.) If that doesn't work, try disabling GPU Acceleration--with some graphics cards, masking effects don't display properly when it's enabled.

Otherwise, masking is working fine here. If you still have trouble, upload the example scene.
Pesto

Post by Pesto »

Thanks Greenlaw! Works fine now :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

onurdemirsoy wrote:I want to ask you a question. Is it enough to add Moho x64.exe to whitelist? Or other files are used for an update process.
I don't know. I've asked, but have yet to hear back.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

onurdemirsoy, I'm working with a developer trying to sort out the update issue. What country do you live in, and can you access http://www.smithmicro.com/ ?
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

synthsin75 wrote:onurdemirsoy, I'm working with a developer trying to sort out the update issue. What country do you live in, and can you access http://www.smithmicro.com/ ?
Hello synthsin75,

I live in Turkey. I can reach smithmicro.com. I tested it with and without a VPN (Zenmate) which is installed to my PC. Nothing changed. All versions of Anime Studio works for me but Moho doesnt update and gives an error.
Last edited by onurdemirsoy on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

I am not sure if is it an issue but let me explain an annoying thing about Moho.

I usually immediately start typing a new name after clicking Duplicate Layer button. As you know at first a label appears. (Name of the button. "Duplicate Layer" for this example)

Everything ok at first but the label dissapears 3 second later. The annoying thing is keyboard also stops writing after this. I mean you should write a new name in 3 seconds or you have to re click it again and add the name.

Is it possible to keep writing after the label dissapears?

In Anime Studio the label never shows up after you clicked the button so there wasnt an issue like this.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You know, that was happening on my boss' computer a couple of weeks ago. I'll ask tomorrow if it still happens to him.

I actually experienced that problem briefly at work last week but don't think I've seen it since.

I haven't noticed it on my personal tablet computer but will look for that bug specifically in just a minute. I think I would have noticed because I'm always changing layer names, but then I can type pretty quickly so maybe I didn't wait long enough for the bug to kick in. BRB.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

No, it's not happening on my tablet.

Just curious but which OS are you using? I'm using Win 10 on my tablet but we're still using Win 7 at work. This makes me wonder if it's a Win 7 issue. Will check this at work tomorrow.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

Greenlaw wrote:No, it's not happening on my tablet.

Just curious but which OS are you using? I'm using Win 10 on my tablet but we're still using Win 7 at work. This makes me wonder if it's a Win 7 issue. Will check this at work tomorrow.
I am using 64 bit Windows 10. If you move the cursor a bit after you click the button, it happens. I have to work very fast to finish my projects so I guess most of the time I move the cursor accidently after I click to a button.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I tried again, clicking and moving the mouse, but it's not happening here. Tried a couple of variations but renaming the layer worked normally.

But I know the input interruption did happen at work to me for a brief time last week. I don't know why it happened or why I don't see the error more often but I'll check for it at work in the morning.