Can't completely disable auto-weld?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fonce Falooda

Can't completely disable auto-weld?

Post by Fonce Falooda »

Hey! Trying to draw freehand in Moho 12, but whenever I end a line too close to another point, it snaps to it. I thought turning off "Auto-weld" would stop this, but it doesn't.

Like if I try to write "11" too close together, it just merges both straight lines into a single wavy line, or turns them into a "V", or a weird, pointy ellipse!

Any way to get new lines to completely ignore old lines? Thanks!
sbtamu

Re: Can't completely disable auto-weld?

Post by sbtamu »

It should not be doing this. Try saving and shut down the program and re-starting it.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

12.0 automatically welds the end points. In a next version, there will be an option to disable it.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Fonce Falooda

Post by Fonce Falooda »

Oh, it's a FEATURE! ;)

Very cool. How far off do you think 12.1 is, Victor?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Actually, yes, it's a feature introduced in one of the last stages of 12.0 development and it's very useful in many cases. Then, when the software was released, we received some feedback from users about it, so we decided to make it optional.
There's no official date to share for 12.1 yet, but I can tell you the team is working hard on it.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Víctor Paredes wrote:Actually, yes, it's a feature introduced in one of the last stages of 12.0 development and it's very useful in many cases. Then, when the software was released, we received some feedback from users about it, so we decided to make it optional.
There's no official date to share for 12.1 yet, but I can tell you the team is working hard on it.
What was the reasoning of removing the ability to uncheck the auto weld in 12? I am still using 9.5.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

sbtamu wrote:What was the reasoning of removing the ability to uncheck the auto weld in 12? I am still using 9.5.
Auto-weld is a different feature and the option to enable/disable it is still there.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com