Surface Pro multi-touch support?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kmorton

Surface Pro multi-touch support?

Post by kmorton »

Hello! I'm currently using the trial of Moho Pro 12 and I like what I see. I have not been able to get multi-touch to work on my Surface Pro 3 however. All I can do is zoom in/out with two fingers. Panning and rotation don't work. My version is 12.1 build 21473 64bit. I noticed an update about "multi-touch for navigation only" but I can't find that in the preferences (Enable Touch Support is the only thing I see, and it's on). Any tips on getting it working?

Thanks
k
Last edited by kmorton on Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Re: Surface Pro multi-touch support?

Post by Greenlaw »

I believe the current multi-touch support is meant for Wacom-based touch screens like the Cintiq and Companion 2. I was told recently they will be supporting Surface devices in a future release.

FYI, I currently use multi-touch on my Companion 2. It works really well but you'll want to enable Multi-Touch For Navigation Only in Preferences (available in 12.1), otherwise, multi-touch will completely hose anything you're currently drawing. The only thing that's still a bit quirky about the multi-touch navigation is that it always zooms to screen center and not where you pinch the screen. A little disorienting but not a deal killer.

Hopefully, multi-touch is coming for Surface soon, and maybe 'zoom to pinch-position' will be properly supported by then.
kmorton

Re: Surface Pro multi-touch support?

Post by kmorton »

Thanks, good to know it's probably coming. I can live without it but it would be very nice to have.