My future with Moho

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Re: My future with Moho

Post by DK »

Well....this is indeed the end of an era but also the beginning of a new one. Mike I hope you do extremely well with your new opportunity and also wish you and your family all the best for the future and would like to thank you for what you have done for us all.

Wow...just reflecting on it all, I have been here almost since the start too and remember when the Moho forum was merely a Yahoo group :)

Cheers
D.K
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Mr.Pete wrote:Yikes, I have been comparing two trial versions trying to decide whether to buy Anime Pro 11 or Moho 12 for $100 more (even on sale)
but if the future of the product is in jeopardy maybe I should postpone that decision and start looking at other options
Unless you have other compelling reasons not to purchase - I would suggest that you Buy it. It is still an excellent platform and a very worthwhile investment, and will serve you well a good number of years. You also have great community support via this forum and other Social Media.

Reading between the lines (my interpretation), it sounds more about re-organisation. Which unfortunately happens in many companies, and sadly normally impacts the staff the most.

The worst thing people can do right now is to start abandoning a great product.

So I would suggest that you - Show MOHO the Love!
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Oh no! :(

I hope this all ends well for both you and Moho, Mike.

Best of luck.
Stan

Post by Stan »

What about this forum, Mike? Are you going to abandon it?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Stan wrote:What about this forum, Mike?
This from another thread re the forum...
Lost Marble wrote:
hayasidist wrote:this forum is at lostmarble.com ... do you still own LM??
I still own lostmarble.com and this forum. It won't be going away.

...and thanks for the kind thoughts!
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Wow, sorry to hear that Mike, I hope it doesn't feel too much like someone is snatching your baby... You not only created an amazing software, but as a result a really strong community and for all that we have to be thankful.

All the best of luck in the future, and I hope you will remain part of the community - you will always be a legend to us Moho users :)

Look forward to hearing what's next for you.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I bought the retail box of ASP 5.6 many years ago and have upgraded to every version since then. Thanks for writing and sharing an amazing piece of software.

Sorry to hear the bad news. As the saying goes, when one door closes, another one will open. Good luck!
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

I jumped on board at AS Debut 7 and only lasted about a week before I upgraded to Pro. I've been along for the ride since then. Both my kids are learning animation with Moho as well, the youngest is 14 and he started when he was 11. Not to get too sappy on you but some of the best moments of my life have been me and the kids making silly cartoons with your software. So thank you Mike.

Moho 12 is an amazing benchmark and we're all looking forward to seeing what you come up with next
Adam
Psmith

Post by Psmith »

Mike:

Of course I know none of the details, but I don't think this will be a bad thing for you. I can't imagine sticking with a coding project as long as you have stuck with this one. You have proven yourself "the trooper, extraordinaire."

I'll bet you started the Moho Project because you wanted to do some creative and fun things with this set of tools, yourself.

And, after all these years - I'll bet you had little time to do it. I would also wager that you never intended, yourself, to grow Moho into the very large thing it is today - at least not in all the specific ways it has grown.

I hope you have been thinking of new and innovative ways to apply your creativity and skill - while slaving in the . . .

A new start - new and better projects - new and better products - aye?!

Greg Smith
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Wow, very sorry to hear about that Mike. Moho is a wonderful product. Now I'm especially glad that Moho has scripting capabilities. I'm sure providing hints and answers for those of us willing to script would be one way your input would be enormous. All the best for your next adventures!

Also, definitely sad to hear that Victor is no longer with Smith Micro either. His influence is always wonderful. I wish the best for you as well Victor.
hnguyen

Post by hnguyen »

Wow sad news indeed! A great lost to the community. Best wishes to Mike and Victor.
rave

Post by rave »

Best wishes from me too.
It is a pitty.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Thank you for Moho!
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Hi Mike, sad to see you go but I wish you good luck with your new projects! And thank you for creating Moho!
Mr.Pete

Post by Mr.Pete »

OKAY! Thanks ~ Glad to hear this.

Although, I did own an earlier much weaker version (8 Debut) which I never used and despite MicroSmith very disappointing almost non-upgrade policy I went ahead and DID buy the new MOHO 12 PRO directly through the website rather than shopping around for the many deals available online at Amazon & eBay etc. precisely so I could give the MOHO Developers the best possible shot at making sure the software continues to have a long and well supported life

SimplSam wrote:

Unless you have other compelling reasons not to purchase - I would suggest that you Buy it. It is still an excellent platform and a very worthwhile investment, and will serve you well a good number of years. You also have great community support via this forum and other Social Media.

Reading between the lines (my interpretation), it sounds more about re-organisation. Which unfortunately happens in many companies, and sadly normally impacts the staff the most.

The worst thing people can do right now is to start abandoning a great product.

So I would suggest that you - Show MOHO the Love!