Moho 13.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

exile

Re: Moho 13.

Post by exile »

h3rb wrote:
PS. Just so you know, I was a proud owner of Anime Studio 9
Would you recommend an upgrade? Just a joke.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
h3rb

Post by h3rb »

jayfaker wrote: Also, to anyone... is there a Moho prerelease program? Any way to get in on that? Maybe PM me?
There is a Beta program. I'm not really sure what it takes to get involved, but you can read about this here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28938

It's basically invite-only, and as a developer I have nothing to do with it, because that's a QA role.

Cheers!
-h
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

exile wrote:
h3rb wrote:
PS. Just so you know, I was a proud owner of Anime Studio 9
Would you recommend an upgrade? Just a joke.
Heh heh! Sly...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

h3rb wrote:We are Moho. We are in the United States on both coasts, and in Braga, Portugal (and in Belgrade!).... and we are working on the next version of Moho.
THIS IS BRILLIANT!!!

We have gone from two or three Moho programmers to FOUR TEAMS!!! Just to put that in perspective, that's WAY more than Toon Boom have working on Harmony (if they have any left at all). I think only Adobe can compete with their Animate development team.

To all you naysayers and doubters about Moho's future - this is the proof, from Smith Micro's mouths themselves. We've made the right choice in tools to invest our money and time and effort into. The updates over the next year will be when we are rewarded for our patience. The balance in the 2D software world is changing in our favour!

Go Moho! Thanks H3rb for giving us the truth! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
Nahia

Post by Nahia »

This is the confirmation that Moho 13 is on its way !!!! I leave the link so you can read it yourselves! Now just wait ...

"An alternative 1st place prize could be offered if you have a copy of Moho Pro 12. Select from either Poser Pro or Clip Studio Paint EX! An upgrade to Moho Pro 13 would be possible if you were prepared to wait. of release of Moho 13 unknown) "

This is the link to the page:

https://www.animestudiotutor.com/competition
erikk

Post by erikk »

Nahia, that site is not an official Smith Micro one. They don’t know if 13 is coming they are saying that it could be a prize if you wanted to wait and if it happens at all. Not a confirmation.
exile

Post by exile »

JaMike wrote:
h3rb wrote:We are Moho. We are in the United States on both coasts, and in Braga, Portugal (and in Belgrade!).... and we are working on the next version of Moho.
THIS IS BRILLIANT!!!

We have gone from two or three Moho programmers to FOUR TEAMS!!! Just to put that in perspective, that's WAY more than Toon Boom have working on Harmony (if they have any left at all). I think only Adobe can compete with their Animate development team.

To all you naysayers and doubters about Moho's future - this is the proof, from Smith Micro's mouths themselves. We've made the right choice in tools to invest our money and time and effort into. The updates over the next year will be when we are rewarded for our patience. The balance in the 2D software world is changing in our favour!

Go Moho! Thanks H3rb for giving us the truth! Can't wait to see what you come up with!
This doesn't say they have four teams developing Moho, only that Smith Micro exists in four places. I don't want to keep anybody from jumping for joy, but please excuse those of us who are more reticent.
Steve

JaMike

Post by JaMike »

exile wrote:This doesn't say they have four teams developing Moho, only that Smith Micro exists in four places. I don't want to keep anybody from jumping for joy, but please excuse those of us who are more reticent.
Aside from being a reply to a post from 3 months ago(!) there is a big difference between what I said and what Nahia said.

Why would a Smith Micro employee say there are 4 teams and that "we" are working on the next version of Moho? And for that to remain uncorrected for 3 months on a forum that Smith Micro employees frequent? That makes no sense unless it is true.

Even if three of those teams aren't working full-time on Moho, ANY contribution they can make by taking the burden off the main team is good, because that is work that Mike always had to do in the past by himself. With the exception of Adobe, I don't think ANY 2D software has so many developers working on it.

If it was a marketing person talking it up, yes, I'd be cynical like anyone else. But this was a programmer with no reason to lie.

I'm still jumping. :D
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

h3rb wrote:And so do us as individual contributors. We are here, and we are working on the next version of Moho.
I don't know about "teams" per se.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
exile

Post by exile »

InfoCentral wrote:
h3rb wrote:And so do us as individual contributors. We are here, and we are working on the next version of Moho.
I don't know about "teams" per se.
Info Central makes my point exactly. All it says is that somebody in these four places is in contact with the others concerning Moho. Whether it's four teams or four people working from home to save office costs isn't clear. As a friend in another forum pointed out, four teams would be an invitation to chaos.
We've heard nothing from the new team recently, so the current state of affairs is anybody's guess. But jumping is healthy exercise.
Steve

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

It should be enough say a team of developers is indeed working on the next version of Moho. This was confirmed by Smith Micro employees last summer:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31201

I got to meet Rafael in August, and I believe him and João when they say the Moho development team is committed to advancing Moho. The team released their first point update recently, which did address a few critical issues and introduced at least one new feature.

This is just my opinion but I think it's all good news. It shows Moho is very much alive and being cared for. Moho 12 is only a little more than a year old, so we should be patient as they work to roll out the next major version.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Any new crew has to find it's sea legs. Even if they are experts in vector animation programming, very few could be expected to know Moho inside and out, what artists want and need, or peculiarities of how Moho works.

It's a lot to digest before they can get up to speed, I'm sure once they are running you will see more encouraging signs.
They can't tell you because of nda's .Neither can the betas (whoever they are :wink: ) , can we Dennis? Cough , can they? :mrgreen:
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Like Greenlaw said, he only knows 2 people working on Moho. So we are going to need patience and understanding.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
chucky

Post by chucky »

InfoCentral wrote:Like Greenlaw said, he only knows 2 people working on Moho. So we are going to need patience and understanding.
Or did he say , he met 2 of them?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I didn't say how many developers there are and I don't know anything about that. Just so there's no confusion, my only relationship to SM is as an enthusiastic user of some of their graphic arts products. I really don't know much more about what goes on behind the scenes at SM than anybody else here.

FWIW, I've noticed more than 2 Moho developers posting comments in these forums recently, and I imagine there are several others we don't hear from. Most developers are probably too busy to respond to forum posts, and it's really not their job to do so.

I've met Rafael in person and communicated with João by email.

I also got to hang out with Victor for a couple of days this summer. Victor is one of the nicest and most talented animators I've met. But, of course, he's not with SM now, so even he probably knows just a little more than I do at this stage. That said, I believe he's optimistic about Moho's future too.

So when you get down to it, all we know for certain is that Moho is in active development and we will eventually see more releases. That's good enough for me.