Color Correction

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

toshiyori

Color Correction

Post by toshiyori »

Having created a skin color for my character, I added a hand from an outside source , the color is different, I have not figured out how to change it. As you can see. i'm a novice !
hayasidist

Re: Color Correction

Post by hayasidist »

toshiyori wrote:Having created a skin color for my character, I added a hand from an outside source , the color is different, I have not figured out how to change it. As you can see. i'm a novice !
are you on AS10??

is all the artwork in AS / Moho vectors?

assuming yes: (possibly not the most direct route, but this should work):

make sure no shapes are selected in either the "body" or the imported "hand"
activate a vector layer that has an object whose fill / stroke colour you want to keep and now select a shape that has this colour
activate the vector layer that has the object whose colour you want to change
activate the eyedropper tool (standard shortcut L)
alt-left mouse click the shape whose colour you wish to change

hope that helps
Greenlaw

Re: Color Correction

Post by Greenlaw »

It depends on how the elements were created.

If they are bitmaps, you should match the colors in a bitmap editing program. The exact steps can depend on the style of the artwork and how it was originally painted but, typically, it's a matter of rolling the hue with a Hue/Sat tool, and maybe some Curves or Levels adjustments to correct the luminance.

If the elements are vectors, there are many ways to change the colors in Moho. One way is to use the Select Shape tool to select the shape you want to change, and then use the Eyedropper to 'pick up' the style of the shape you want to keep. There are other ways but the key is to select the shape you wish to change with the Select Shape tool first.