Have you ever noticed...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

xxo04358

Have you ever noticed...

Post by xxo04358 »

Have you ever noticed that many people who make walk cycle tutorials rarely, if ever, make it a re-usable cycle, saved as an Action? They do the cycle on the main timeline, then end the tutorial. They don't show you how to re-use that cycle, they don't show you how to transition from standing still into said cycle, then stop mid-walk to a standing position. If I could have my perfect tutorial made by request, this would be it. Smart bones, character design, regular key frame animations are all simple in the grand scheme of things. Even the 12 principles of animation are fairly easy. But re-usable walk cycles, with transitions? That's something that is practical, with many applications. That's the tutorial I'd like to see... :shock:
dueyftw

Re: Have you ever noticed...

Post by dueyftw »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=25687&p=144088&hili ... ig#p144088

The walk rig just needs to be fixed.

Dale
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I think the trick is to keyframe all the bones related to the cycle at the beginning and end of the cycle--this keeps the motion 'self-contained' so you can store it in an action. Apart from that, I don't think there's anything really complicated about storing a walk cycle in an action.

Where it really gets tricky is if you're making the cycles re-useable for other characters with different body proportions. But that's a whole other topic.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

xxo04358 wrote:...they don't show you how to transition from standing still into said cycle, then stop mid-walk to a standing position...
Slowtiger's tip for transitioning from standing to walk and vice versa: easier walk cycle start & stop

You can store anything on the main timeline into an action. Go into the action timeline, highlight the Mainline, right click and select Insert Copy.