HTML5 export in near future?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ladlon

Re: HTML5 export in near future?

Post by ladlon »

Hey, regarding the whole HTML5 export thing... among all the other possible alternatives (if Moho5 doesn't end up with HTML5 export), could anyone tell me if I would be able to use Gamemaker Pro (with the HTML5 export module) to create animated HTML5 headers for my website (which has gotoAndPlay with a random number to have random animations trigger at random times)?

Just looking for alternative HTML5 animation programs, if I can't use Moho. I'm not familiar enough with HTML5 animations to know what elements are created/required, and determine what programs will work for myself.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

ladlon wrote:Hey, regarding the whole HTML5 export thing... among all the other possible alternatives (if Moho5 doesn't end up with HTML5 export), could anyone tell me if I would be able to use Gamemaker Pro (with the HTML5 export module) to create animated HTML5 headers for my website (which has gotoAndPlay with a random number to have random animations trigger at random times)?

Just looking for alternative HTML5 animation programs, if I can't use Moho. I'm not familiar enough with HTML5 animations to know what elements are created/required, and determine what programs will work for myself.
MotionArtist is tailor-made for this scenario. There's even a SmithMicro MA tutorial showing how to do it.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
ladlon

Post by ladlon »

@jahnocli: Ya, Dueyftw mentioned that earlier in this thread. But, I'm wondering if Gamemaker Pro or Fusion 2.5 could do it as well, since I have both of those already.

Anyone know if either of those programs could work to make animated headers (with gotoAndPlay() commands going to random sections of the animation)?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

ladlon wrote:@jahnocli: Ya, Dueyftw mentioned that earlier in this thread. But, I'm wondering if Gamemaker Pro or Fusion 2.5 could do it as well, since I have both of those already.

Anyone know if either of those programs could work to make animated headers (with gotoAndPlay() commands going to random sections of the animation)?
I think this is all straying into an "Other Software" topic area. I would guess that there are forums or user groups for the software you mention -- have you tried there?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
ladlon

Post by ladlon »

Fair enough... It's weird, though. The only reason I'm even looking into alternatives is because Moho support won't comment on whether they'd even consider HTML5 export capability in any future release. I have no idea why they would be so secretive. I don't know if I can just wait, or look for some other software.

Hopefully, others have also expressed a desire for HTML5 export, so the chances of them considering it might be improved. I'd love to stay with Moho, as I'm really impressed with it.

Okay, thanks for the responses, guys. Cheers.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

ladlon wrote:Fair enough... It's weird, though. The only reason I'm even looking into alternatives is because Moho support won't comment on whether they'd even consider HTML5 export capability in any future release. I have no idea why they would be so secretive. I don't know if I can just wait, or look for some other software.

Hopefully, others have also expressed a desire for HTML5 export, so the chances of them considering it might be improved. I'd love to stay with Moho, as I'm really impressed with it.

Okay, thanks for the responses, guys. Cheers.
For mutable reasons Smith Micro can not say what will be in the next release.

Dale
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

ladlon wrote:The only reason I'm even looking into alternatives is because Moho support won't comment on whether they'd even consider HTML5 export capability in any future release. I have no idea why they would be so secretive.
No software company promotes features before they are ready. It's crazy to criticize one company for doing what is standard practice nowadays.
ladlon wrote: I don't know if I can just wait, or look for some other software.
Then your only other option is Adobe Animate.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

And, as mentioned in other threads, there's no reason not to use multiple applications on the same project.

For example, I've been dabbling in Animate CC to create art and FBF elements for Moho, since we also have access to Animate CC at work. I suppose you can go the other way and use Moho to create footage for Animate CC, add interactivity there and export the result as HTML 5. If I had to create interactive web content, that's probably the approach I would take.
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

Greenlaw wrote:And, as mentioned in other threads, there's no reason not to use multiple applications on the same project.
Money? :D
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

JaMike wrote:
Greenlaw wrote:And, as mentioned in other threads, there's no reason not to use multiple applications on the same project.
Sanity? :)

Dale
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

JaMike wrote:
What I mean is that if you already have Moho and are seeking to get another animation program anyway, there's no reason you can't continue to use Moho after you get the other program. There's no law saying you must give up one program before you can use another. :)
dueyftw wrote: Sanity? :)
Works for me. (Well, it helps.) :)