Moho

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mtbuck24

Moho

Post by mtbuck24 »

:!:
Last edited by mtbuck24 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I teach moho and animation on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/@mccoy_buck
mtbuck24

Re: 12 Principles of Animation Anime Studio/ Moho Course

Post by mtbuck24 »

Last edited by mtbuck24 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

What's the difference between your's and Smith Micro's besides the price?

Learn the 12 Principles of Animation
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

Alan Becker (the guy who made Animation vs animator, with over 25 million views on youtube) made some pretty awesome (and free tutorials) on the 12 principles of animation, they're pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/user/AlanBeckerTutorials/videos

Yes, he uses flash rather than AS or Moho, but the principles are universal and you can do everything you see in those videos with Moho.

Can't judge which is better as I've only seen Becker's, but I think what Mcoy is doing is awesome, and he's promoting Moho and AS amongst people who are new to animation (and not so new!). He's one of the best SM embassadors out there! I love his videos because he's funny, dynamic and pretty honest. He loves using Moho and it shows. Respect + admiration.
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Last edited by mtbuck24 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Can't judge which is better as I've only seen Becker's, but I think what Mcoy is doing is awesome, and he's promoting Moho and AS amongst people who are new to animation (and not so new!). He's one of the best SM embassadors out there! I love his videos because he's funny, dynamic and pretty honest. He loves using Moho and it shows. Respect + admiration.
Thanks for the kind words Telemacus! I too love Becker's tutorials and is really what inspired me to create this course. I would love for those that are at the beginner - intermediate stages to not only understand the importance of these principles but actually be able to apply it to their own animations within Moho/ Anime Studio.

Again I really appreciate it!
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Dang, I thought this would be out by now?
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

InfoCentral wrote:Dang, I thought this would be out by now?
Hey InfoCentral, did you pre order? If you did I have been releasing updates via email with the status of the course and also been doing one on one's with those that have pre ordered. I don't get much time each week to work on this but I have been doing as much as I can. Unfortunately both me and my wife have been hospitalized this year and things have been pretty rough. Recovery took a long time too, but we are now both happy/ healthy. If you have my email feel free to reach out and if you want let's set up a one on one animation session. Would love to get to know you and help you out with animation.

Best regards,
McCoy Buck
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Status update of the course and where I am at. Re-post from the Moho Pros Facebook Group

"Hey Pros, Mid-year Update: (Don't expect you to read all this)

It's been about 6 months since my last group update and a lot has changed since then. Much of you have requested a personal update with where I and the software are at as of 2018.

At the end of December close to the beginning of January I had huge plans for the first months of 2018 to help me decide if I was going to stick with Moho or give up on my 4+ year obsession and move onto something else. In a way I have failed myself in the first 4 months.

Luckily I have stuck it through but it has not been easy...

At the end of November I took on a HUGE undertaking of creating my first-ever crowd funded course called 'The 12 Principles of Animation: Moho/ Anime Studio. My goal was to start as soon as we got 100 sign ups but I was too excited and started at 30 signups - that gave me enough hope that people wanted it.

December I did all that I could to create my outline and prepare for the course starting the beginning of January. Well Christmas came and went and we had just celebrated the new year and my wife got the flu - really bad. Like ambulance - death bed - scary bad. We have been married for 4 years and never had I seen her this sick. 3 hour nights of sleep watching over her, 103-104 degree fevers - all that fun stuff. Then as she was getting better a couple weeks later, I then got the flu. Fun. That pretty much took up January - to mid February.

Mid February we were both happy and healthy again but that didn't last for very long. Without going into the details I had two life threatening skin infections one on my lip and a couple weeks later the other on my neck right by the lymph-node under my right ear. And she after multiple doctors appointments was thought to have cancer. Well after confirming what she had was as not as serious as cancer and what I had, had been cut opened drain and stitched back up, hospitals, doctors offices, death beds - we were good to go.

This brings us to March - now sweating bullets that I have one more month to make good on my commitments/ goals and have barely had time to work on the course - THAT PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR?!?! I am now feeling a HUGE amount of self doubt and inadequacy as an animator - because I personally have had little time to animate in the past 3 months and as an instructor to create the 12 Principles of Animation course feels impossible as I still have little energy and little rest to recover from past sicknesses with full-time work. So I make plans to get real serious and get it done before May. Well after spending over 100+ hours recording - re-recording the course material and updating/ re-writing my outlines over 5X - working everyday after working my full-time job and spending less and less time with the ones I love - I am ready to give up.

Oh did I mention that back in mid Decemeber once I realized I really jumped the gun by creating the 12 Principles Course 70 pre-orders short, in order to make up for the revenue I was going to lose, I decided to create a Monthly Membership to get exclusive access to any/ upcoming courses - one on one tutoring with me - Moho/ Anime Studio projects etc? Pretty much a bunch of things that in December I knew was totally do-able but did not have the next year forecast for all the health issues both my wife and I would have.

But do you know what kept me going? YOU GUYS! THE COMMUNITY and all the positive feedback, inspiration, and encouragement I have journaled and received over the years. So I decided the best way to get my 'oomph' back was to participate in the March AnimeStudiotutor competition, and stream the whole process. And it helped! At first it was rough - coming off a 8-10 hour work day and then streaming for 2-3 hours EACH DAY was not easy and no one really cared. But day after day after people saw that I was consistent about sharing my progress the more people joined me and chatted me on the streams and had me teach them what I was doing as I went - it made those 2-3 hours much more enjoyable.

April and May have pretty much been a blur. Still making progress on the 12 Principles Course - I created a personalized video for each one of the pre-order students letting them know it will be released this summer. But my work load - outside of what I love - has now gotten so heavy working overtime (70-80 hour work weeks), by the time I sit down to record I don't have the energy or the brain power to teach animation. So I usually wait till weekends but now even those have been taken over by work.

But I HAVE GOOD NEWS. Back in February I was in contact with Smith Micro and it sounded like there were people ready to give Moho the future it deserves - then I think everyone I was talking at the time quit or died - because I did not hear anything after that. But in May I had the new Project Manager reach out to me and we had an awesome conversation about Moho and its future and it sounds like Moho and the rest of the graphics department are in good hands. So I am very optimistic about the future. There was a few other positive things we talked about that I will announce in the future or when I can.

But I am here to say that I will be sticking around for the rest of 2018 if everything pans out and plan on improving the memberships with some pretty awesome things - once I release this beast of a course for 12 Principles of Animation.

Not sure how many of you read all the way to here - but if you did, it means that you care and for that I am extremely grateful to you. I would not be here without you.

Please keep animating whether you do it for fun or because you are obsessed with Moho like me. It will help to inspire others around you and keep the community and future of Moho strong. Best of luck this 2018 - let's make this year awesome for animation!

Best regards,
McCoy Buck"
chucky

Post by chucky »

Just be cool about making announcements about the specifics of development McCoy , I'm pretty sure the product manager would have a plan for that :wink: .
mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Was streaming the other day - while working on my course. Some might find it helpful :)

mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Really fun stream going over the Principle of Animation - Pose to Pose while working on the new animation course.

mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Another awesome stream going over timing and spacing!

mtbuck24

Post by mtbuck24 »

Here is one of the many animations we will be creating. This animation will be the example animation used to cover the Principle of Staging.
In it I will go over the what, why, and the best part...how?

We will cover the cameras, layers, actions, and more.