Moho debut 12 and Poser 11 question

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

LadiEmma

Moho debut 12 and Poser 11 question

Post by LadiEmma »

Hi, I am absolutely completely new to animation...got no clue so learning curb is huge! I bought Moho Debut 12 and excited that I got it but wanting to have characters do something as simple as pick up a pencil off the floor is looking to be a little to difficult right now for me as a newbie. So, I looked into Poser and I'm not sure if it is a standalone, an add on or both for other animation software. Basically, because I know that the project ideas I have will need to have the characters bending as previously mentioned, playing instruments and other movements not shown in examples for Debut, I would like to know if Poser 11 (not Pro) is enough and will I be able to import any work into Debut? I also have Movie Maker which I've used for simple movie making; will I need that to turn my animation into a video? I did say I am clueless and confused. One more thing, my partner wants animation mixed in with real human interaction mixed in, so hence the need for more flexible and easier animation tool to work with.

Thanks everyone!!! :oops: Ladi
Rainer

Re: Moho debut 12 and Poser 11 question

Post by Rainer »

Hi Ladi
Your question is a bit like someone who hasn't got any idea about music wanting to make a song so bought a flute wondering if they should instead buy a guitar. Yes, there is a big learning curve. If, where, when and how you apply it is up to you. Moho is actually great for animating playing instruments. For example, once you know how, you can use switch layers to instantly show your animation correctly fingering series of complex chords to music. But it will take some time until you know how. If you don't have the time, you're better off outsourcing. If you do have the time, I suggest start by working through the Moho "Help" tutorials, then YouTube for any missing bits.
Mixing animation with real humans is an example of compositing. Real humans being 3d and Moho being basically 2d (I know, I said "basically") Moho isn't ideal. Movie Maker won't cut it. If it's critical for you and you want to diy, I'd recommend Blender, free from http://www.blender.org, but if you thought Moho had steep learning curve, welcome to a whole new dimension.
LadiEmma

Post by LadiEmma »

Thanks Rainer

I purchased the curriculum from Moho and going through that which is a big help. I'll definitely check out Blender. :)
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Poser is basically for people who want to animate but don't want to create content for their scenes. You purchase your content either from the content store or most people get stuff from Daz 3D which also produce their own FREE version of Poser called Daz Studio. There are lots of free and cheap obj's out there so populating your scene doesn't have to cost you your house.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group