Smith Microand Moho

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rainer

Re: Smith Microand Moho

Post by Rainer »

Smith Micro was never a cultural match for Moho. which although having massive commercial potential is a fun creative program. Most likely SM is in the throes of a strategic cultural realignment, one possible symptom being it's disposal of MA. And the likelihood is it is also looking to dispose of Moho, and maybe Poser as a bundle. Naturally they wont be saying. Really sweet if Mike could buy it back, but more likely to go to one of the other repositories of software perceived as past its prime, like Corel. Is there maybe something unlucky about no. 13? Same thing happened to Vegas after version 12.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Yeas well good point.
I bought every version of Vegas until Magix, stung me for a sucker . Now I resent paying that company anything. I have bee seriously considering changing editing platform. Maybe, just maybe if Magix pulls out a mystically reborn Acid Pro and a truly good update on vegas I'll think about getting back on that train.
I'd be worried about Corel and Moho, they properly ruined Painter which was my favourite illustration program for years, now I'm totally smitten with Clip Studio ( which I would have never tried if it wasn't for Fahim the old Moho product manager who generously gave me a copy a few years back ) Which brings us back to the clip studio story. Great software, great price, developers in Japan now taken away from SM... hmm.
DK

Post by DK »

Great point rainer!
Smith Micro was never a cultural match for Moho.
I think that nails it.

D.K
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

chucky wrote:if Magix pulls out a mystically reborn Acid Pro
Magix has stated that a new version is on its way.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
chucky

Post by chucky »

I'd given up on that , info , you've inspired to actually check again and looky what I found...
Mmmm, exciting actually, :D :roll: https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

New UI ! 64bit :D

InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Rainer wrote:Really sweet if Mike could buy it back, but more likely to go to one of the other repositories of software perceived as past its prime, like Corel.
Or DAZ 3D but they already have their Poser replacement.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

chucky wrote:I'd given up on that , info , you've inspired to actually check again and looky what I found...
Mmmm, exciting actually, :D
Yeah, I was quite happy to hear that as well. Now I am just waiting for a upgrade sale/special offer. I have quite a bit invested in loops already.
chucky

Post by chucky »

InfoCentral wrote: Yeah, I was quite happy to hear that as well. Now I am just waiting for a upgrade sale/special offer. I have quite a bit invested in loops already.
$99 for upgrade
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

chucky wrote: $99 for upgrade
That's regular upgrade price I believe. I am waiting for them to throw in a free loop library or something.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks for heads up on Acid Pro. I got 7 ages ago and gave up on ever seeing another update. Glad to see 8 is on the horizon.

$99 seems like a pretty good deal but I wonder if they’ll have a different v8 upgrade deal for users who already have v7.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Greenlaw wrote:Thanks for heads up on Acid Pro. I got 7 ages ago and gave up on ever seeing another update. Glad to see 8 is on the horizon.

$99 seems like a pretty good deal but I wonder if they’ll have a different v8 upgrade deal for users who already have v7.
yup that's it , I wrote to them and, apparently it''ll be the same when 8 comes out for 7 users,
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ok, thanks for the info!
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Well it looks like Acid Pro 8 is out! :D :P :D
chucky

Post by chucky »

Yep, I bought it with a nice cheap upgrade a couple of weeks back.
Haven't had much of a go yet.
Not super impressed so far, certainly a darker interface was very welcome , but it's as ugly as a Rhino's gooch.
64 bit thank @#%.
stefan

Post by stefan »

InfoCentral wrote:I wonder what happened to the Poser development team?
Which one? The old one or the new one?
The new team I can't say anything about, last time I had contact with them must be over a year ago.
The old team, we've all moved on in different directions. I miss them, and the Moho team too.