wav sound file not making key frames

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

wav sound file not making key frames

Post by zoesan »

I've been following tutorials on using switch layers and importing wav files for lip sync, made the sound file imported it, gone to audio panel for switch layer activated it, but no key frames are made, I've even typed in the box provided am I missing something.
hayasidist

Re: wav sound file not making key frames

Post by hayasidist »

if you're following tut 5.1 - the sound file needs to have sufficient dynamic range - quiet needs to be very quiet; loud needs to be very loud. Do you get just the one keyframe? How many mouth shapes do you have?

if you're following tut 5.2 - have you got a valid .dat and are the phonemes in the mouth switch named consistently for the analyser you used (e.g. for papagayo are the mouth layers named as per the preston-blair standard - names are case sensitive?)
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Hi hayasidist its likely to be Tut 5.1, although just downloaded Papagyo so will be looking at that.
The thing is I've done this before in anime pro 9.5 and it worked, so I launched 9.5 again (I'm currently on 12.4) and it works perfectly. Would like to get it to work in 12.4.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

12.4 here r22203 (win 10) - I ran a test based on the tut 5.1 scenario just before I replied to your post and it worked fine - I had a five mouth switch and a high dynamic range .wav (actually a music track, but the 5.1 scenario doesn't care - it just uses loudness to choose which mouth to activate)?! If I get any thoughts as to the root of your problems I'll let you know.

maybe you could post a screenshot of the workarea including the layers and timeline windows showing the switch/children and the .wav ?
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

I'm just practising with the character wizard using spiky the boy, there is a switch folder with mouth shapes included. I've tried wav / aiff / etc nothing happening, whereas in anime 8 it works instantaneously.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

The only way so far is to right-click and enter a channel manually, is using sound in 12.4 with OS 10.12 giving the same results, I'd really like to get it to work, its very simplified and not so accurate as making up your own phonemes I know, but being able to create basic lip sync is in some circumstances fine, so whereas in anime 8 I could import an audio file and open up dialogue box in switch layer and hey presto some basic lip sync it seems in my attempts this has not been the case in 12.4, for some reason no key frames are being created unlike anime 8.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, compared to 11.2, something is broken in 12.4.
In 12.4 (and 12.3), if Moho finds the ten Preston Blair phonemes, it expects a dat file and won't even work if you fill in the audio layer text (which seems to be completely broken). So if you remove one of the ten Blair phonemes, it should work with basic auto lip sync.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

synthsin75 you got it, just tried it, took out one of the ten phonemes in the switch layer, and it worked immediately.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Right... that's what went wrong, I noticed auto synch went up the creek too.
I wonder why ?
Code is so fickle.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

zoesan wrote:synthsin75 you got it, just tried it, took out one of the ten phonemes in the switch layer, and it worked immediately.
You should also be able to just rename a Blair phoneme something else, but I didn't test that.