How to import video with transparent background?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

xxxdutchiexxx

How to import video with transparent background?

Post by xxxdutchiexxx »

I made some anime effects in after effects, just some lightning, explosions ect.. I exported them in video format from after effects and I wish to use these effects in my animatitons. I have made them to have a transparent background, how ever, when I import them into anime studio the background of the videos are black and not transparent, I cant do anything with them as long as they have that black background, is there anyway I can get anime studio to render the video with a transparent background so I can overlay the video over top my animations?

I know I can convert my effects videos into a sequence of png images, but that is to much of a hassle, my effects have hundreds of frames and there is no way I can sit here and do a frame by frame for ever single time I wish to use a effect I made....unless there is some easy way to have anime studio automatically set up the png image sequence so that I dont have to manually select each image for ever frame?
slowtiger

Re: How to import video with transparent background?

Post by slowtiger »

Just choose the right codec when exporting video from AFX. Apple ProRes 4444 will do. PNG with millions+ of coloours will do. Any code which includes the alpha channel will do.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
xxxdutchiexxx

Post by xxxdutchiexxx »

I see, I do not see any format for Apple ProRes 4444, which formats supports Apple ProRes 4444, avi?
xxxdutchiexxx

Post by xxxdutchiexxx »

I have have found a solution, thanks! after you mentioned the codec I began to test all sorts of formats, codecs and settings when exporting, I found that AVI uncompressed with RGB+alpha works as intended if I set the video layer mode to screen inside anime studio. makes life much easier, thanks.