Can I combine Flexi and Layer binding ?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Vanya_K

Can I combine Flexi and Layer binding ?

Post by Vanya_K »

Is there a way to use 2 rigging methods in 1 character. I don't think it is but maybe someone knows some trick. I have character here you can see in the video that I am trying to use Layer Binding for leg and Flexi Binding for body. And you can ell his leg is deattached from his body even though first leg bone is parented to first big body bone. Why is this happening ? Is there a way to combine flexi and layer and how to make it work because it doesnt work here.

https://youtu.be/zT5Oh0k2ZJ8
synthsin75

Re: Can I combine Flexi and Layer binding ?

Post by synthsin75 »

You may need some point binding on the bottom of the body to keep it from pulling away from the leg.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

how many points in the body? it looks as though there are not enough in the lower half so when you shift the upper points with the flexi-bound bones that path deforms. To try as Wes has said you'll probably need to add some points to the body shape. And/or add a "hip" bone between the lower body bone and the top leg bone and use that to keep things joined up.
Vanya_K

Post by Vanya_K »

Thanks for answers guys. I am new to Moho so rigging is a nightmare. Switching from 3D to 2D I thought it would be easier but it's not. I like flexi binding fro the body as I can deform artwork and make illusion on little guy looking left to right but flexi binding never works for me because as soon as I start rigging extremities arm and leg rig starts stretching rest of the body artwork around . Even when bone strength is 0.01 and when I use oldschool method of building rig separately and using Offset bone too lto bring it all together. Not sure how to do this properly.