Moho Layer Names Abbreviated

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

voxac50

Moho Layer Names Abbreviated

Post by voxac50 »

When I open a file in Moho 12, the layer names are abbreviated to the point that they are difficult to identify quickly. L Arm Upper, and L Arm Lower are both labeled as "L Ar..." , which is not very helpful for telling which is which. I tried dragging to expand the layers panel. It got wider, but the names stayed the same.
ImageImage
When I open the same files in Anime Studio Pro, the full layer name is visible. How can I fix this? Thanks.
Greenlaw

Re: Moho Layer Names Abbreviated

Post by Greenlaw »

There are 3 things you can do to improve this:

1. In Preferences, under Layers/Objects, make sure [Auto-size Name column] is enabled. This will keep the full name of the layer from being truncated.

2. Auto-size will push any columns to the right of Name further right. If you don't need those columns, hide them. To hide, right-click on the title bar and disable the columns you wish to hide. (I hide Comments, Kind, Quick Settings, and Tags. There are other ways to view these without taking up panel space.) If there are columns on the right you wish to keep visible, move them to the left of the Name column. To do that, just click on the column icon and drag it. In your example, I'd drag the Label column to the left.

3. Widen the Layers panel by dragging the left edge out.

Here's an example:

I don't normally have the panel this wide, I'm just showing it this way as an extreme example. (Sorry, I had to blur some of the text.)

Hope this helps.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

It might also help to undock your Style window. It's kind of pointless to have it docked there because it consumes too much space that can be better utilized by the Layers window. This is especially the case when in Advanced mode.

Plus, the Style window doesn't see any improvement from being widened...it just gets ugly.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Yes and select the swatch' none' that saves a bunch of space
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Good tip, Chucky! I sometimes sample from the swatches but I think I'll set my to 'None' now because I'd rather save the space. I normally sample colors from an imported image layer in Moho or an image in xnview anyway.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
voxac50

Post by voxac50 »

Success! I implemented all of your suggestions, and my interface is now much improved. Thank you.