Can I give my old copy of AS pro 11 to someone else?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

breedrill

Can I give my old copy of AS pro 11 to someone else?

Post by breedrill »

Hey!
I'm still deciding on whether or not to upgrade to Moho Pro 12, and I thought of something. I was going to upgrade from anime studio pro 11 since it's cheaper that way, and since my significant other really enjoys creative works like I do I was wondering if it's alright to give him my old copy of anime studio pro 11 once I upgrade.
dueyftw

Re: Can I give my old copy of AS pro 11 to someone else?

Post by dueyftw »

I don't think so. Your using the old licence to get a new licence. If you where to buy 12 outright then it shouldn't be a problem.

Dale
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

breedrill wrote:Hey!
I'm still deciding on whether or not to upgrade to Moho Pro 12, and I thought of something. I was going to upgrade from anime studio pro 11 since it's cheaper that way, and since my significant other really enjoys creative works like I do I was wondering if it's alright to give him my old copy of anime studio pro 11 once I upgrade.
If you're under the same roof I don't think that would be a problem. You will have bought both packages, after all. You will just be sharing one you no longer use. That's not a problem -- is it?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

jahnocli wrote:If you're under the same roof I don't think that would be a problem. You will have bought both packages, after all. You will just be sharing one you no longer use. That's not a problem -- is it?
As I understand it, that would still be an issue. Upgrade pricing is basically a replacement...not a new, standalone product. So the same rules apply as using multiple allowed installations of one software. It has to be used like a book...where only one person can use any of the installs at a time.

Now if you and a family member schedule your uses, so both aren't used at the same time (and some software can tell if it is), then that should technically be alright. But then, you might as well both be using the new version.