Drawing with lag with Freehand and Blob Brush

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

fabiano_il_capo

Drawing with lag with Freehand and Blob Brush

Post by fabiano_il_capo »

Hiya everyone, I just joined to the forum because I'd like to learn how to do traditional animation in Moho, hope someone already uses it that way with proficiency!

So the first thing I tried to find out was how to make some frame to frame, but things turned out bad pretty soon since I noticed that drawing wasn't fluid at all.
For the first gestures it's fine, but then he starts to be laggy (I don't what else call it if not lag), and the more speedy you draw, the more it breaks everything, because it seems to not keep up.
I made a gif about the issue to show you exactly what I mean.

Here I was using the blob brush, but this occurs with freehand as well, and it gets worse while you keep adding lines or shapes. Please notice that the gif is playing a bit slower than how I did in reality.
It seems a performance issue to me, but I refuse to think that my PC is THAT slow, this are my specs:

AMD A10 7700K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4G+6G
3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM
NVidia GTX 970

and I'm using a Wacom Intuos Pro M with the latest driver installed.

Also other glitches happen randomly while drawing, like vertices showing out far out from the working area, or a single previously drawn vertice that get smashed away from its right place.

I already made a research in the forum to find previous dicussions about this but I only found out this one:
https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... =2&t=31422

but it seems that even with those settings, it just gets slightly better, maybe I can do like 10 additional gestures, but then it restarts.
Another thing I noticed is that even when the lag reached critical levels, starting to draw on a new blank layer also makes it restart as I've never draw anything, so it seems like a "layer filling" problem.

Thanks for your attention :)
chucky

Re: Drawing with lag with Freehand and Blob Brush

Post by chucky »

Yes do follow those rules. but don't use blob for general drawing. Use strokes.
Follow this guide for FBF.
fabiano_il_capo

Post by fabiano_il_capo »

Ok, I've already had seen that video but forgot but only now I get how deep it goes.
I'll try to restart with all the right settings as soon as I have time, and let you know if I have any update.

Thanks a lot :D
chucky

Post by chucky »

No probs , good luck with it.