Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MickSee

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by MickSee »

At this point I'm optemistic Moho 13 is coming strong. I mean after the madness Maya 2019 was, no one can mock it up that much.

I do feel the way SM communicates with its user base can improve, if your not visiting the forums you basically have no idea what is going on with Moho. Don't get me wrong I love the content on twitter and Facebook, but perhaps addressing the future can be reassuring to the user base. Regardless I'm just really excited there is a Moho 13 in the works, and although I would like it right away I appreciate the refinementand hard work that every one at SM is doing.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I'm hoping the next release will take advantage of more of my ThreadRipper cores than the current release. That combined with better utilization of the GPU and we could be embarking on real time rendering in Moho. :D
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
flop3545

Post by flop3545 »

I can't believe I started this thread almost 7 months ago and there is still no news! :cry: :cry: :cry:
MickSee

Post by MickSee »

I'm starting to think that Moho 13 is a dream. I really hope it comes out, but I'm really starting to lose interest.
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

No news? They just announced they were in beta last month! I know it's hard to wait, but I'm pretty sure Moho isn't dead yet.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I can confirm the beta is very much alive. Sorry, that's all I can say. And that's assuming you believe I actually know anything. Which I might not. Or do I?

Just have to wait and see. :P

In the meantime, Moho 12.5 is still pretty awesome.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

jayfaker wrote:No news? They just announced they were in beta last month! I know it's hard to wait, but I'm pretty sure Moho isn't dead yet.
Hummm... :roll:
by jmartins - Lead Developer - Moho » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:50 pm wrote:Just to put everyone's mind at ease in which concerns Moho 13. As some users reported Moho 13 is currently being developed, with stabilization being our primary focus currently. With that in mind we'll be starting our beta program, with the current set of beta testers sometime this week.
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

Okay, 3 months ago. Isn't that even better? That means they're probably closer to being done, right?
flop3545

Post by flop3545 »

jayfaker wrote:No news? They just announced they were in beta last month! I know it's hard to wait, but I'm pretty sure Moho isn't dead yet.
I shall rephrase to be more specific ... :D

"I can't believe I started this thread almost 7 months ago and there is still no news of a release date for Moho 13!"

As per my OP, I have an earlier version of Anime Studio which I am looking to upgrade. But I don't want to upgrade to v12 if v13 is just around the corner - i.e. I don't want to have to pay upgrade costs twice. So news of a date - even an approximate date some time in the future - would be very helpful!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

You have to look at it this way: How badly do you need the features of Moho 12.5 to do your work?

If you don't need the features of 12.5 badly enough to upgrade now then wait for 13.

If you do need the features in 12.5, then you get 12.5 so you can use it today.

Since nobody publicly knows what's new in 13, it really doesn't make sense to stress out about its unknown release date.

If what keeps you from getting 12.5 is the upgrade cost, Smith-Micro does run occasional sales. In one past sale, I was able to buy a second license of the program for cheaper than what the upgrade would cost. That was a long time ago so I can't promise a deal like that will come up again anytime soon, but keep an eye open for these sales.

All said, Moho Pro 12 offers a great value for its price compared to many other professional animation programs. Combine it with a free paint program like Krita, and you're pretty much set.

FWIW, I've been using 12.x at work since it came out and I can never go back to using an earlier version now. For me, this is about more than the big features that were introduced for 12, like Smart Warp and the Multi-Layer Timeline (and these are definitely BIG enhancements). Moho 12's workflow and UI is also more streamlined than it was in ASP 11 and earlier, making it much easier to work in.

Honestly, I don't know when 13 will be released but I will say you can't go wrong with getting 12.5 right now. Well, assuming you really need it, of course. :)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mrc

Post by mrc »

chucky wrote:I can't say much at all but I can share some progress on some scenes for the release.
Hey, Chucky, it seems to me that since your post in October you have only shared progress in one scene, not some scenes. How about another peek, then? ;-)

Marc
You don't agree with the post above? Click here.
www.tricklabor.com/en
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I didn't notice until now that it does not utilize all the thread in the multi core CPU, but does have option to enable the GPU, so my question is does it benefit from having a crossfire, or SLI or even additional video card for the render? I have GPU enable but still see the rending being done with the multi core CPU. Is the GPU for playback enhancement only?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

GPU acceleration is only used to make the workspace more responsive, like when drawing. It doesn't affect rendering.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

ruscular3d wrote:I didn't notice until now that it does not utilize all the thread in the multi core CPU...
I was told that's a legacy limitation set years ago when computers had a lot less RAM. Good news is that the devs have been been working to lift this limit for a future version of Moho. I imagine that's not an easy thing to do but hopefully the improvement isn't too far in the future.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

You know it would really be nice too if they would adopt the Poser dial system instead of having all those levers all over your workspace. :D