Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jayfaker

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by jayfaker »

EHEBrandon wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:17 pm Its because the new team is mostly programmers consist of no actual animators.. That's why keep expectations super low the team developing the software currently really have little to no animation experience.
Well, I was hoping that they were going to at least clean up the UI by modernizing it, kinda like how they added drag and drop images from finder/explorer to 12.5, just for fun, when they were just starting on getting to know the code. That one little thing actually got me excited, because it seemed like the new team was going to polish the software with modern UI paradigms.

I also stepped through the new video to see if there were any visually apparent new features. Perhaps they are just really good at hiding things. Or perhaps most of the new features or refinements are under the hood. Maybe it's better to keep my expectations low so that I am surprised and happy with what has been done.
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

So, Tuesday, June 25th it is. But now they've released a blog post about the history/importance of 2.5D animation. Hmmmmm.....
erikk

Post by erikk »

The marketing feels like this Bob's Burgers clip to me. Tina is the campaign, Bob is the devoted Moho audience, the other car is the release... My heart hurts right now.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTLL_6A2fA0[/youtube]
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

erikk wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:15 pm The marketing feels like this Bob's Burgers clip to me. Tina is the campaign, Bob is the devoted Moho audience, the other car is the release... My heart hurts right now.

hahahaha, that scene. Yes, I checked their twitter today more times than I would admit and when they finally publish something is that thing. I read it carefully to find the hiden new feature but I'm still searching for it haha I need help.

And yes Jayfaker, the release is in one week so that made me think that maybe they don't have seven new things to show? and they need to fill some days with blogposts? I don't know I'm still determined to have faith until the end and maybe cry later (:
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I hope they integrated the Poser dials to replace the current smart bones dials so the workspace would be clean.
MEETUP.COM - start or join a group
erikk

Post by erikk »

Greenlaw wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:28 pm Probably because, technically speaking, this isn't an official Smith-Micro forum.
One might wonder why, from the official SM site, the board for Moho comes... to this forum.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Because at one time, before Smith-Micro's involvement, this was the official forum for Moho. This forum still isn't an official forum for SM but, like I said, it's the closest thing we have for now.

Mike Clifton has kept this forum alive out of courtesy for the user community. (Not to mention, at personal expense.)
erikk

Post by erikk »

Greenlaw wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:01 pm Because at one time, before Smith-Micro's involvement, this was the official forum for Moho. This forum still isn't an official forum for SM but, like I said, it's the closest thing we have for now.

Mike Clifton has kept this forum alive out of courtesy for the user community. (Not to mention, at personal expense.)
I forgot to use my sarcasm emoji, it seems. It ticks me off that they link here as if it IS theirs and don't do a blind thing to help support it.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

erikk wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:01 pm It ticks me off that they link here as if it IS theirs and don't do a blind thing to help support it.
This.
x-vishon

Post by x-vishon »

InfoCentral wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:40 pm I hope they integrated the Poser dials to replace the current smart bones dials so the workspace would be clean.
Yes please, I have been hoping to tie smart bones to sliders or something for a while so I can hide all but what is relevant from the canvas. Dials, Knobs, sliders, on/off toggles would be great to be able to layout parts to make custom controls for character rigs. :D
~ David McInnis
byron

Post by byron »

erikk wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:15 pm The marketing feels like this Bob's Burgers clip to me. Tina is the campaign, Bob is the devoted Moho audience, the other car is the release... My heart hurts right now.

Maybe they let their whole marketing team go too, but just haven't gotten around to hiring any replacements ;-) I'm anxious to see what happens next week, but based on the first couple of teasers, I'm not all that optimistic :-/ If it turns out to be a disappointment, I can live with 12.5 for a while longer I suppose, at least until I've completely figured out how to work with Blender 2.8.
flop3545

Post by flop3545 »

Getting a bit concerned by the distinct lack of hype regarding the new release. I guess we'll find out whether it's been worth the wait next week...!
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

InfoCentral wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:40 pm I hope they integrated the Poser dials to replace the current smart bones dials so the workspace would be clean.
hmmm ... just seen an announcement from SM about Poser being sold ...

https://www.smithmicro.com/company/news ... n-software

that makes me wonder about the future of Poser integration in Moho.

This quote from the same press release also makes me speculate about SM's strategic plans for other offerings in the Graphics product line:

“We continue to focus the company on building upon the success of our three core wireless solutions, SafePath®, CommSuite® and ViewSpot™, where we see maximum growth opportunities,” said William W. Smith Jr., President and CEO of Smith Micro. “Poser animation software has had a long history with Smith Micro and I am pleased to see it going to a long-term partner in Renderosity.”
chucky

Post by chucky »

:mrgreen:
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

another day without showing any new feature... :cry: