Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Plecithince

Re: Any rumblings of a date for Moho 13 yet?

Post by Plecithince »

formxshape wrote:Guidelines - how about rulers on the side of the frame + ability to create guidelines. Sometimes you just want to pull out a guideline and align things up.
Yeah, we should have a list
MickSee

Post by MickSee »

Okay I'm really really confident that next week they're going to announce Moho Pro 2019. Which would include:

Updated UI, with simplified dockable panels.
Accompanied by redesigned icons.
New color picker and redesigned swatches system
Updated tools, which consolsates items that perform similar into tools that can complete multiple functions.
A shape builder tool.
New Pie menus
Layer panel and time line gets consolidated
Layer parenting
Node system
Curve bones
Multiple display type for bones
Weight painting for rigging
Rig controllers and multiple display types.
A brand new brush engine
Draw on raster and vector layers
Enhanced onion skinning features
Brand new morphing tools
And a new exporter.

Next week!
Lychee

Post by Lychee »

Sound good, just wait and see… but it is f... long ! :cry:
I just wish that all our patience will be rewarded and that indeed these 2 years will have served to make Moho close to perfection.

Best regards.
Welsh Jester

Post by Welsh Jester »

Nice i wonder what the new morphing tools are, with the current way morphing works using a mesh it's fairly easy to make mistakes and end up creating seam lines through faces/images. Can be a bit fiddly.

Would be nice if they had some tools that work almost exactly like Crazy Talk for the head part, so we can easily create heads using photos etc for characters. Can kind of do that now by importing video of exported CT heads but that makes it a bit more work.

Looking forward to seeing all the new things.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

That's just MickSee's wish list.
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

slowtiger wrote:Oh, what did they (Toon Boom) rip from TVP?
The advanced onion skin function. It's so close to the TV Paint design it's almost a copyright infringement.

The current joke going around about Harmony 16's new strapline - "Empowering you to be more productive, with less effort." - is that it's Toon Boom who has put less effort into this release. :lol:
jmartins

Post by jmartins »

Hey everyone,

Just to put everyone's mind at ease in which concerns Moho 13. As some users reported Moho 13 is currently being developed, with stabilization being our primary focus currently. With that in mind we'll be starting our beta program, with the current set of beta testers sometime this week. Most of the features that you'll be seeing are already done, with some enhancements to come, something that will be born from continuous conversations with our beta community, to understand all of your needs.

Regarding dates, we can't do any confirmation on it, but beta is the last stage of any software development cycle, with us just getting into a super early beta stage right now.

As for features, any list that you've seen on this thread or any other should be read as a wishlist. We're very happy to read those (so keep'em coming), as they help us get a sense of what you guys are looking for in the progression of Moho (which will continue with even more upcoming versions), but as you must understand, our time is limited to the ammount of people that are working on the project, and as such we needed to prioritize a specific list of features that we thought the users were looking for. I think you won't be let down with the things to come. We ask for some more patience from you guys, we're not ready to divulge this right now, but you'll get the news eventually.

With all that said, from everyone at Smith Micro, especially in the Moho team, we're very happy with all your enthusiasm, as that's what keeps Moho going, and what will keep Moho becoming better for the foreseable future. Thank you.
João Martins
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

jmartins wrote:With that in mind we'll be starting our beta program, with the current set of beta testers sometime this week.
This is amazing news!

Although I wish this was being announced through regular interaction with this forum, rather than in response to a fake release date and feature list by a 3-post troll. :D
MickSee

Post by MickSee »

Yup really great news!

I honestly was not trolling, I was just being really optimistic about a new moho release. I apologize if it caused any confusion. But regardless great news!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

A few of us realized it was just a tongue in cheek wish list, but then we're beta testers too. Many people could land here without any idea of what's a legit announcement.

Beta testers probably would let everyone know once testing had started on Moho 13, but so far, we've only been told that beta is starting on it soon. What very sparse info is known is exciting and groundbreaking for Moho, but it will be a while (likely very close to a release date) before any details can be shared. No one knows how long beta will take.
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

MickSee wrote:Yup really great news!

I honestly was not trolling, I was just being really optimistic about a new moho release. I apologize if it caused any confusion. But regardless great news!
Yeah I was just teasin' ya. Hence the smiley. Like Synth I knew it was for fun.
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

JaMike wrote:
MickSee wrote:Yup really great news!

Yeah I was just teasin' ya. Hence the smiley. Like Synth I knew it was for fun.
Apology accepted and further thanks that it didn't result into a personal church lady melt down over it!
yueda

Post by yueda »

Hopefully they fixed the bug where layer stacking order gets messed up when orienting camera/layer in 3D while using "Sort Layer by Depth" option.
https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... =3&t=31155

I'm glad to hear that they are working to stabilize the program.
I really hope that Moho 13 pro will feature Node View since its really daunting to rig/animate complex character rigs with the layer view we have.
Having a better drawing interface will also be a huge plus.

At some point, hopefully I can suggest my boss to switch over from Harmony to Moho for character animation in my studio.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just curious but what's your setup? I tried recreating the project and I'm not seeing this problem.

Here's a rendered setup using a single layer with multiple shapes:

And here's another one using two separate layers (head and body) and animating the Group:

I wondered if maybe what you are seeing is an OGL issue in the viewport, but I can't reproduce the error there either:

Regarding 'Harmony Vs Moho', this is just my opinion but I don't think it has to be a choice between one or the other, nothing says you can't use both programs together. Moho is a fairly inexpensive program, so if your studio can afford Harmony, it should be able to add Moho its toolset.

It's not unusual to use multiple animation programs together in a production. In a later season of Dawn Of The Croods, I used Moho, Harmony and After Effects in the same scenes to animate the extended cave painting sequence with The Broods. This was mainly because some char rigs were previously created in AE using DuIK or Harmony, and I created the newer characters (the Broods and Tyrannaconda,) in Moho. More recently, some of the Trolls scrapbook stuff was a combination of native AE with some Moho and LightWave elements integrated. Boss Baby's 2D segments were created with Moho for all of the character animation, AE for environments, and occasionally I used Harmony for short FBF FX elements.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrc

Post by mrc »

Greenlaw wrote:Boss Baby's 2D segments were created with Moho for all of the character animation, AE for environments, and occasionally I used Harmony for short FBF FX elements.
I'd really love to watch a making-of with that workflow. The 2D bits are great.

Marc
You don't agree with the post above? Click here.
www.tricklabor.com/en