Mac-Daddy wrote:I'm currently trying the trial version of 12. I like what I see so far, but not sure about getting it if a never version is on the horizon.
A quick reality check for everybody holding off buying or even using Moho 12.5 because there might or might not be a new release coming...someday...
If you need an animation program today, and you like the trial version (which does everything the full version does for 30 days,) Moho 12.5 is available now
and, I can honestly say the current version works great and I recommend it. I've used Moho 12.x to create animation for several TV productions and I enjoy using it. Even if I knew when the next release is coming out, I would not immediately stop using Moho 12.5 to wait for the new release. IMO, the current version is a solid release, it's reasonably priced, and a great value. And if you learn and use Moho 12.5 now, you will be better prepared learn the new features of the next Moho when it's released. IMO, there is nothing to be lost by learning and using Moho 12.5 today.
But if you don't need Moho 12.5 now or the current version doesn't meet your needs, then you may as well wait for something better to come along. Whether you buy Moho 12.5 today or never will not make the next version of Moho come out any sooner.
Re: the NEXT version of Moho, here's what we know from official comments made so far: The next release of Moho does exist.
The developers have already announced that it's currently in beta, which means the software is being tested by a select group of users and studios. This does not necessarily mean the software is near completion or ready for public release...it means it's still in development.
Over the years, I've participated on many beta teams and I can tell you that testing and development can be very long process. The fact that a release date has not been publicly announced means the software is probably
not "on the horizon" yet. This doesn't mean they're running behind schedule or that everything is going precisely as planned, it's simply means the software is being worked on.
I'm not saying I know anything but that's generally how these things go.
If your concern is that is that you don't wish to buy the software because you're afraid a new version might come out a couple of months from now, SM usually offers the new version to existing users for reasonable upgrade fee. If you happen to purchase the current version really
close to the release date, they usually offer a free upgrade...but if the release date was that
close, SM would have made the announcement already.
Short version: if you want to animate with Moho now, you may as well get it now. If you're not sure, you may as well wait. Just sayin'.